A Song For October

Tools    

1. Bob Dylan - Gotta Serve Somebody
Kind of shocked to hear a Bob Dylan song performed by himself that I actually like. Even more shocked it's taking my #1 spot. .lol:

2. Radiohead - Karma Police

3. Siouxsie and the Banshees - Sick Child

4. Black Wire - The Face

5. Meg Myers - Desire

6. The Oath - Night Child

7. Harvey Danger - Cream and Bastards Rise

8. Mission Of Burma - That's When I Reach For My Revolver

9. Mick Smiley - Magic
Some sounds in the background there there remind me of In the Air Tonight.

10. George Strait - Last In Love

11. Colter Wall - Cowpoke

12. Napoleon XIV - They're Coming To Take Me Away

Votes

1. Karma Police
  2. Cream and Bastards Rise
  3. Gotta Serve Somebody
  4. The Face
  5. Cowpoke
  6. Desire
  7. They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha
  8. Magic
  9. Sick Child
  10. Night Child
  11. That's When I Reach For My Revolver
  12. Last In Love

A system of cells interlinked
1 Meg Myers - Desire

2 The Oath - Night Child

3 Radiohead - Karma Police

4 Mission Of Burma - That's When I Reach For My Revolver

5 Bob Dylan - Gotta Serve Somebody

6 Harvey Danger - Cream and Bastards Rise

7 Mick Smiley - Magic

8 Siouxsie and the Banshees - Sick Child

9 Black Wire - The Face

10 Napoleon XIV - They're Coming To Take Me Away

11 Colter Wall - Cowpoke

12 George Strait - Last In Love

No time for comments today. Next time!

I will say that i was pleasantly surprised how much I liked the Dylan song...

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I suggest a MOFO YouTube rock band collaboration named Alt Link if Needed. The first album could be titled, : coleman :

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I suggest a MOFO YouTube rock band collaboration named Alt Link if Needed. The first album could be titled, : coleman :
I'm in! As my first act as acting leader of the band, I am quitting, citing creative differences with all the other band members, who refuse to play my 38 minute remix of Phil Collin's mega hit, Susudio.

The Oath - Night Child § (alt link if needed) - Now that was really good. Excellent choice. There's going to have to be some gold below this to pip it to my #1.

Napoleon XIV - They're Coming To Take Me Away - I've always liked this song. It's silly but there is something unsettling about the vocal. Obviously madness, asylums and whatnot fit my theme well. I have another song coming up which does something similar.

Harvey Danger - Cream and Bastards Rise - I'm really liking this.

Bob Dylan - Gotta Serve Somebody - I think most here know my feelings about Bob. However, this is the best thing from him I've ever heard. It's not even going to finish last. JJ, thank you for introducing me to a Dylan song I like.

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Sick Child - I quite like Siouxsie's sound, but I've never gotten into them really.

Meg Myers - Desire - I'm sure we've had this before. Good song.

Black Wire - The Face - Another decent track, not as catchy as the previous one though.

Radiohead - Karma Police - I only really like 4 or 5 Radiohead songs. This isn't one of them but it's not one I dislike much either.

Mission Of Burma - That's When I Reach For My Revolver - This is ok.

Colter Wall - Cowpoke - I think the melancholy vibe might save this from last.

Mick Smiley - Magic - There's a reason they don't include this song before the 2 minute plus mark in the film. Just that bit and it'd be a bit higher.

George Strait - Last In Love - Last in love might also be last for me. It certainly is as I write this.

I'm in! As my first act as acting leader of the band, I am quitting, citing creative differences with all the other band members, who refuse to play my 38 minute remix of Phil Collin's mega hit, Susudio.
Don't tell me - all the others kept insisting it had three 's's in it!
Little baa-lambs eh

Don't tell me - all the others kept insisting it had three 's's in it

Not quite. It's 32 minutes of "suu-suu-suu-suu-suu-suu-suu-....." mixed with 6 minutes of the drum break from In the Air Tonight to mark the verse changes. Oh yeah, he also has the entire track background full of his youngin's baby gibberish blurbing out partial words at random like PUPWIES!! GWAPES!!! or the occassional UH OH POOPIE!!! I mean, I like kids as much as the next guy, but dude has issues.

*edit*
huh... was that a reference back to Black Betty?

I don't have time to air our band's internal politics. I'm compiling a list atm....

Not quite. It's 32 minutes of "suu-suu-suu-suu-suu-suu-suu-....." mixed with 6 minutes of the drum break from In the Air Tonight to mark the verse changes. Oh yeah, he also has the entire track background full of his youngin's baby gibberish blurbing out partial words at random like PUPWIES!! GWAPES!!! or the occassional UH OH POOPIE!!! I mean, I like kids as much as the next guy, but dude has issues.
Hmmmmm, wonder if I can guess what the proposed album cover had on it......

......was it dribble perchance?

Ah, thanks for catching my spelling error on Susssudio. I meant to look it up, but I was too busy burning the rest of the band members in effigy with Ozzy Osssbourne's cat. Say, isn't this thread usually used for some tournament that features a multi-tiered cheating scheme meant to disqualify all my nominations?

Ah, thanks for catching my spelling error on Susssudio. I meant to look it up, but I was too busy burning the rest of the band members in effigy with Ozzy Osssbourne's cat. Say, isn't this thread usually used for some tournament that features a multi-tiered cheating scheme meant to disqualify all my nominations?
You're welcome
I've actually no idea what this thread is normally used for - a few minutes ago was the first time I noticed it

1. Radiohead - Karma Police
    I've always been a fan of Radiohead. Great example of their classic layering starting at 3:00 to the end, changing the tone completely dropping off into the dark digital transition to Fitter Happier, the following track on the album, OK Computer. Personally, both should be listened to back to back. Really, I think the entire album is more or less a concept album that deserves a straight listen start to finish.
  2. Black Wire - The Face
    Very close second spot. The more I listen to it, the more I enjoy it.
  3. Harvey Danger - Cream and Bastards Rise
    Nice bass distortion and structure. Dude sounds like Freddie Mercury at times. Based on how it opened, I kind of expected a standard pop 90's alt rock trip, but this surprised me some.
  4. Bob Dylan - Gotta Serve Somebody
  5. The Oath - Night Child
    Has a very Velvet Revolver sound to it.
  6. Meg Myers - Desire
    I have to admit, this song kind of intimidates me. =\ The video is a bit too much, IMHO, as I think the song stands well enough on its own. Reading the comments in the YT feed, I feel it only appropriate to quote the top post, "This song almost got me pregnant, and I'm a guy."
  7. Colter Wall - Cowpoke
  8. Siouxsie and the Banshees - Sick Child
  9. George Strait - Last In Love
  10. Mission Of Burma - That's When I Reach For My Revolver
  11. Mick Smiley - Magic
    Agreed HK.
  12. Napoleon XIV - They're Coming To Take Me Away

Round whatever this is now:
I know, I know. Where is Bowie, yn?! Well, fellow participants, I wanted to try to be fair and hold off as long as I could before releasing the Blackstar. Keeping in theme with my slew of 80's soundtrack picks, I can wait no longer to summon Jareth, the eternally lonely, hopeless romantic, and arguably pedo, Goblin King. He's in owl form and is about to rip the cage asunder.

Now that I'm older, I can look back on this 1986 Labyrinth soundtrack with wiser, more learned ears. I have experienced that that my then fifth-grader self couldn't comprehend---heartache. Well, that's not totally true. My first heartbreak came when I bought a valentine for a schoolgirl crush and showed it to my friends on the bus ride to school that morning. One of those "friends" stole it from my desk before the teacher's designated time for exchanging valentine gifts and gave it to her (my crush, not the teacher) in my place. Usually, we just bought packs of cards and put everyone's name on one and passed it on. Not for me. Apparently not for me that time either. Thanks, fwend! I'm not your fwend, GUY!!! (sorry, referencing other trains of thought there). Sad story goes on, he got her attention. I lost out. Eventually classmates discovered his insidious scheming and turned on him, but not before embarrassing me and ruining my day. Bonus round: dude has a dead-end job, smoked his entire life, and looks 20+ years older than my dad. Prick.

But hey! I'm off topic from Bowie's Underground and my current take on the lyrics. You see, I feel this song plays as a prequel, of sorts, for Jereth's beginning. Truth ... "it hurts like hell." It's only forever, not long at all... the lost and lonely. Underground. Nothing ever hurts again. No one can blame you.That's some pretty dark words-I'd-rather-not-type, but-deserve-more-respect-than-four-asterisks-can-provide. Hell, the video shows the goblins following the man down an alleyway knowing he's their king. After Hoggle lights his way in the darkness, "I'm underground." Accepting his place, he literally rips his earthly shell off and submits----never to hurt again. That is, until Sarah enters his world.

Huh. Deep, creepy and depressingly destructive concepts floating all around this Jim Henson "kids" flick. I'm glad this movie existed in my youth. It was a bit of a reality check for my oversensitive psyche.

David Bowie - Underground

I cannot recommend this album enough. It's on my Spotify rotation, daily. Some days, I admit, it plays on repeat throughout the entire day. Should I be concerned? Surely, no one can blame me....

1. Radiohead
2. Bob Dylan
3. Mission of Burma
4. Harvey Danger
5. Mick Smiley
6. George Strait
7. Black Wire
8. Colter Wall
9. Meg Myers
10. The Oath
11. Napoleon XIV
12. Siouxsie and the Banshees