Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

“I was cured, all right!”
First time with both:

It looks so bad. Can't wait.

I hope the bad guy chases the victim with the Santa Claus costume all the time. That will be something...

Tonight was Vampires VS The Bronx - The vampires, thinly disguised gentrifiers, are moving into the Bronx and bringing artisanal olive oil and sucking the blood of the locals, but the other New York won't go down easily. It's a fun movie with hardly anybody you will recognize and it's on Netflix. Hold on to your garlic, holy water, stakes and crosses because The Hood is striking back.

When I was younger, there were two movies that would bring tears to my eyes... one was "The Color Purple" the other..

Tonight, it's The Stranger, a 1946 noir movie, not the Camus story. Directed by Orson Welles, starring Welles and Edward G Robinson, we have a runaway nazi (Welles), trying to lay low in a small town in Connecticut, including getting married to an unsuspecting woman (Loretta Young), while he's being pursued by a Nazi hunter (Robinson). Danger and murder happen. Dramatic monochrome cinematography with hard shadows and Welles' presence seem to lend authority to it as a drama.

I can't say that it's moving the earth, but it's pretty good and very noir.

That spider scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. I had to keep my bedroom curtains shut at night for a couple weeks. In spite of my adult maturity, I still think a hundred foot spider would scare me.