Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Driver (1978)

Walter Hill's Le samouraï tribute is about equal quality as Melville's film. There's quite a bit more action and little less showing off. Too many car-chases for my taste, though.

Both thumbs way up! The granddaddy of the good submarine films. Gable and Lancaster-- what a pairing. And there's even a nice part by the young Don Rickles.
Hear, hear! Next up on my submarine watch-list: Destination Tokyo and Ice Station Zebra.

Angel-A (Luc Besson, 2005)
+
Not gonna lie, despite its flaws I still find it quite enjoyable

Unregistered User
You folks all liked A Dark Song more than I did, I could only give it a
back in '17. Mebbe I'll give it a second chance if it comes on the gogglebox.

On Prime if you have it Chyp?

On Prime if you have it Chyp?
Not sure, did have it free for a year but that might have run out - will ask the better half!

Unregistered User

The Bitter Tears of Petra Von Kant (1972)

Favourite Fassbinder that I've seen so far and its one of those that the more I think about it, the more I love it. I don't know how else to describe the set design and costume as absolutely immaculate.

Definitely my least favorite of Reichhart’s movies. Maybe an amusing short story, but to make a movie based on this is bizarre IMO. I did finish it - the 2 male leads were very good actors.

Lily Gladstone had a 5 seconds scene. Annoying.

Definitely my least favorite of Reichhart’s movies. Maybe an amusing short story, but to make a movie based on this is bizarre IMO. I did finish it - the 2 male leads were very good actors.

Lily Gladstone had a 5 seconds scene. Annoying.
I'm still wanting to see this, I just keep forgetting to watch it. Did you watch it at Netflix?

I'm still wanting to see this, I just keep forgetting to watch it. Did you watch it at Netflix?
Streamed it from amazon.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

The Bitter Tears of Petra Von Kant (1972)

Favourite Fassbinder that I've seen so far and its one of those that the more I think about it, the more I love it. I don't know how else to describe the set design and costume as absolutely immaculate.

That is one of my favorites of his.... Have you seen "Whity"?

The Devil All the Time (2020)

Quite good story about a boy brought up in love and his take on life after disaster. Good touch to have the author narrate but at times I felt if covered over cracks in the direction which could have been less meandering.

The performances are great though and mitigate the very "bitty" direction. Without wanting to moan too much I will also say the direction was very easy on the eye scene-wise.

The Devil All the Time (2020)

Quite good story about a boy brought up in love and his take on life after disaster. Good touch to have the author narrate but at times I felt if covered over cracks in the direction which could have been less meandering.

The performances are great though and mitigate the very "bitty" direction. Without wanting to moan too much I will also say the direction was very easy on the eye scene-wise.

I tried to watch it but I kept getting distracted... perhaps I should lay back and just not do anything but watch it...

Bill Skarsgard is amazing

Hear, hear! Next up on my submarine watch-list: Destination Tokyo and Ice Station Zebra.
I don't recall ever seeing Destination Tokyo. Will have to put it on the list. Cheers.

I tried to watch it but I kept getting distracted... perhaps I should lay back and just not do anything but watch it...

Bill Skarsgard is amazing
MovieGal, I had to have an afternoon without distractions to get a film like this in these days, FWIW Bill Skarsgård was excellent in it, as was Tom Holland.

One Fine Day (1996)

Not often I post about a romcom but this was good. You get the feeling it was written by council and moulded into a "hit" but it still has all the right ingredients. Funny and romantic scenes that harked back to a day of simpler films.

Quite charming.

Rise of the Footsoldier 4: The Heist (2019)

-

I love British crime films and I've enjoyed this whole series. They've gotten progressively less violent since the insanely brutal first movie, and more humorous to the point that I laughed out loud during this movie. Craig Fairbrass and Terry Stone rule!

Rise of the Footsoldier 4: The Heist (2019)

-

I love British crime films and I've enjoyed this whole series. They've gotten progressively less violent since the insanely brutal first movie, and more humorous to the point that I laughed out loud during this movie. Craig Fairbrass and Terry Stone rule!
Don't mind a bit of Fairbrass myself Cricket, different type of movie but try "Darklands"...it's not half bad!