MoFo All Time 100: Ideas and Suggestions

Tools    

One thing I was after myself for consideration, is comedies.
Checking over my own shortlist, I've got a grand total of 0 comedies.

Are there any that'd be considered amongst the best movies of all time?

Di je Karlo?

Doctor Strangelove

My biggest suggestion is to look outside of American and British cinema. There's many "foreign" films which are often overlooked in lists like this, namely Faust, War and Peace, The Return, Marketa Lazarova, Harakiri and arguably H-8...

A Fish Called Wanda (1988)
Heathers (1989)
Mean Girls (2004)
Hot Fuzz (2007)
Tropic Thunder (2008)
Easy A (2010)

One of the more interesting things to consider/speculate about, I think, is which really recent films might make it, even if recency bias contributes to it. Don't be surprised if Parasite ends up in the bottom half, for example.

Also -

La La Land (2016)
Singin' in the Rain (1952)
Some Like it Hot (1959)
Parasite (2019)

Are all comedies with fair shots.

One of the more interesting things to consider/speculate about, I think, is which really recent films might make it, even if recency bias contributes to it. Don't be surprised if Parasite ends up in the bottom half, for example.
There's one in particular that's very likely to end up on my ballot at least, but that's not really a recency bias. It's more of a Phoenix bias.

Yeah I was talking to a friend of mine about this and she said she was trying to think of more modern movies I could include when it appeared my shortlist has mainly stuff from the 80s and 90s.
Sadly, there's not that many.

Oh, just wanted to chuck out a director suggestion in Gilliam.
Some of his stuff is hit and miss, other stuff of his is masterful.

Gonna chuck out some love for foreign language movies actually with what Yods said about Parasite.
Not a huge fan of foreign language movies, but Pan's Labyrinth and Train To Busan defo need a shout out.

Also, foreign language and animation in 1988s Akira even though I'm not a huge fan of animation either
Akira often gets overlooked even though it's considered one of the greatest animated movies of all time. I know it caught me out when I first watched it

I duno... might spark some ideas for people

That's a maybe... ^^

Dredd is better ^^
Just throwing them out there, tbh the most recent title on my ballot right now is 2002 and the other 24 are from the 90s, 80's, 70's plus a couple oldies.