No Time to Die (James Bond 25)

Tools    

They went with the deliberately misleading clickbaity headline, of course. They mean that she'll take over the number "007" after he leaves it or something.

They went with the deliberately misleading clickbaity headline, of course. They mean that she'll take over the number "007" after he leaves it or something.
Only thing is, when Craig leaves it could be effectively a reboot, so what happened in his "universe" if you like wouldn't have to continue.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
But isn't Lashana Lynch a woman? Wouldn't introducing a woman as the new Bond cause a lot of other problems?

Yes, and did you read about the new film in development about the historic Tuskegee Institute? Patricia Arquette has signed to play Booker T. Washington. I can't wait!!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Hahahahaha they've doubled down on stupidity, not only a Bond of colour but a woman too (or am I missing something here?).

But isn't Lashana Lynch a woman? Wouldn't introducing a woman as the new Bond cause a lot of other problems?
We've had all the talk about a potential female Bond or a black Bond. Neither seemed to hold any fascination for the Bond producers. What they're doing here is like a compromise – a one-off female, black 007. When Craig leaves the role and the reboot comes, we'll be back to familiar territory.

So will this be like Dark Knight Rises where "Robin" (J.Gordon-Levitt) takes the torch but nothing ever comes of it and a few years we'll be back to James Bond (presumably male and white)?

So will this be like Dark Knight Rises where "Robin" (J.Gordon-Levitt) takes the torch but nothing ever comes of it and a few years we'll be back to James Bond (presumably male and white)?
Exactly what I'm expecting. We're seeing a female, black 007 – not Bond. It's a gesture but nothing more.

They could have done the same with one of our other big institutions, Doctor Who. We could have seen a parallel universe where the Doctor was female (which incidentally would have been my preference) but instead they went for a female incarnation of the Doctor in our universe. 13 male incarnations in a row and then the 14th is female – hard to accept.

I don't think audiences would accept a female Bond because Bond seduces about 2-3 women a movie on average. If they have a woman doing this, audiences hate women who throw herself at multiple men throughout the movie. I am open to a female action hero behaving this way, but most audiences won't be.

And, amusingly, this character trait doesn't have to be shared by Bond's replacement as 007 in Bond 25.

But the seducing multiple lovers is a big part of the James Bond fantasy appeal, so what's the point if you are not going to include it?

Obviously she'll be a lesbian, got to tick all the boxes and ship those LGBT tickets.

But the seducing multiple lovers is a big part of the James Bond fantasy appeal, so what's the point if you are not going to include it?
You're talking about the character of James Bond. I'm talking about the female 007 in this new film, who may or may not have similar traits.

Yeah I know what you mean, I just thought that fans will not want to see the movie unless the character has similar traits, since the seduction of whoever you want is a part of why people go to the Bond movies. It seems like removing a huge reason to go, if you want to have a new character that doesn't have that trait.

Yeah I know what you mean, I just thought that fans will not want to see the movie unless the character has similar traits, since the seduction of whoever you want is a part of why people go to the Bond movies. It seems like removing a huge reason to go, if you want to have a new character that doesn't have that trait.
I watchedd a ****ton of movies and there are 2 female seducers that pulled this off.

One is the main chick from Big Mama and the other is in that Soldenbergh Gina Carano movie.

It is ****ing hard.

From the reports this isn't a female Bond, rather its a plot point that Bond has retired at the start of the film and the new 007 is a woman who's sent to try and get him back into the fold for some reason.

I think if this went to go that direction for entire films its how they should do it, expand the franchise to include other 00 agents.

From the reports this isn't a female Bond, rather its a plot point that Bond has retired at the start of the film and the new 007 is a woman who's sent to try and get him back into the fold for some reason.

I think if this went to go that direction for entire films its how they should do it, expand the franchise to include other 00 agents.
It's actually an angle – a reasonable one I think – that is suggested by fans of many other franchises. Introduce a new character with the qualities some viewers want, rather than changing the existing one. A recent example of the powers-that-be taking the opposite position was Sulu being retconned as gay in the rebooted Star Trek.

It's actually an angle – a reasonable one I think – that is suggested by fans of many other franchises. Introduce a new character with the qualities some viewers want, rather than changing the existing one. A recent example of the powers-that-be taking the opposite position was Sulu being retconned as gay in the rebooted Star Trek.
Sulu 's gayness was so important that you could have missed it if you took a 2 minute pee break.

Damn I lost my bet. Took a Chinese transexual gay man who is against gun violence and drives a hybrid in who will by the new Bond pool. Win some lose some. Congrats on whoever had black female lesbian.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)