If You Had To Direct A Remake, What Would It Be?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I know lots of folks don't care for remakes, but if you had unlimited money, what would you re-do, and how would you change it?

I'll need some time, but I'd want to add something from the modern-day.

I would remake Annie...with animals. You know you want to see that

I'd redo that Thing prequel from 2010.

I'd have a totally Norwegian cast and have the entire movie subtitled. Proper effects, even ask Rob Bottin to come out of retirement to help out and have Carpenter on speed-dial.

The story would revolve around the Norwegians being the first humans the Thing has encountered, so it has to practice taking over at the start. It wouldn't be a straight forward easy-peasy takeover.

They discover the wreck, and the body... and they thaw it out to study it.

At the start it manifests itself as sickness, colds and flu-like symptoms and odd behaviour from the human host... the characters go through a realisation after testing their blood for toxins/viruses etc that they're carrying what they think is a disease from the alien corpse, not realising it's the actual organism itself that's affecting them...

... eventually as it gets quicker and more skilled at mimicking humans around 3/4 of the way through the movie, that's when the fun begins and the special effects come into play and we realise that almost all of the characters have been taken over already and there's a fight for survival from the remaining characters.

The film would also have continuity with Carpenter's film, and wouldn't retroactively ruin its own credibility by changing major plot points.

Citizen Kane is really overdue.
Trump said it was his favorite. I'm sure he'd LOVE to star in it
Brilliant. You've earned your co-writer credit.

The Stuff, but only with equal or better performances and it still has to LOOK 80s.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Indiana Jones but just because I'd kill Indiana and every character who can make possible another sequel. And then I would do the same to Star Wars.