Horror or Thriller suggestion.

Tools    

Hello.
I'm new of this forum and i need a little thing.

Can anyone suggest me on Horror movie like The Conjuring or Sinister?

And one thriller like Prisoners?

everyone that like Sinister deserved to be answer!

I would suggest you Insidious or Deliver Us From Evil!

and for the thriller I would certainly suggest you Joy Ride or Secret Window

Sorry i was confused, i mean The Conjuring, not Sinister. My bad.

How about Mama.. Not the best film ever but worth a watch

First of all, if you really liked Prisoners I would recommend the three recent features made by that director, Denis Villeneuve. Sicario (2015) stars Emily Blunt, James Brolin, and Benicio Del Toro and is set on both sides of the U.S./Mexican border as Blunt's FBI Agent is enlisted in a covert mission involving drug cartels. Although different in setting and plot from Prisoners, there are several suspenseful sequences. Enemy (2013) stars Jake Gyllenhaal and is more of a psychological thriller about a man who seems to discover a doppelgänger. It doesn't have the procedural crime genre elements that Prisoners and Sicario do, but it is a dark, trippy ride. My favorite Villeneuve so far is Incindies (2010), which put him on the international map when it got rave reviews and an Oscar nomination as Best Foreign Language Film (Villeneuve is Canadian). A woman dies and her daughter goes on a journey to the Middle East to try and uncover mysteries from her mother's past. One of my very favorite movies of this decade.

While those movies are all different in terms of subject matter and even genre than Prisoners, all have suspenseful sequences, and you may well respond to Denis Villeneuve's style and storytelling.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

As for some other thrillers from the 21st Century that I'd recommend if you liked Prisoners, first some obvious ones...

David Fincher's Gone Girl, Panic Room, Zodiac, and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Fincher is one of the very best filmmakers around, and his slick visual style and delight in working in genre make him an obvious choice. Christopher Nolan's Memento, if for some reason you've never seen that. It put Nolan on the map, pre-Batman, and while some may find it gimmicky it is a very engaging gimmick and a heck of a ride. Joel & Ethan Coen's Oscar-winner No Country for Old Men is a must-see. And certainly the very cinematic HBO series "True Detective" you should see, ASAP, if not sooner. Most everybody was violently split on whether the second season worked at all, but the praise for the first season starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson is unanimous.

As for a few that will be well known to many members here but have much less visibility in the mainstream, and while thinking about McConaughey, I'd recommend Bill Paxton's creepy and effective Frailty (2001), which should satisfy both your horror and your suspense cravings. Jake Gyllenhaal is magnificent in Dan Gilroy's Nightcrawler, which is ominous and suspenseful and a terrific character study of a deeply amoral creep. Jeremy Saulnier's Blue Ruin is a terrific, gritty throwback revenge Noir that was a sensation on the Indie circuit last year, but it needs to be discovered by more people. Guillaume Canet's Tell No One is a modern French Hitchcockian thriller about a man trying to unravel the mystery of his wife's murder. And the South Korean flick Hong-jin Na's The Chaser is bloody enough it probably owes more to Brian DePalma's best work than a direct line to Hitchcock, but the intense game of cat and mouse may be exactly what you are looking for.

That should keep you busy for a few days, anyway.