What are the most cynical/depressing movies ever?

Tools    

We've all seen these movies. The ones that say there's no hope left. That nothing good can come out of this world. I also like a lot of these movies so I may watch some that are on this list.
Fire walk with me.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I don't know if these count because I find them all great as well as entertaining, but some people find them depressing and certainly cynical. There are some neorealist classics, contemplative cinema and post-apocalyptic films which would certainly qualify, but I'll let others mention them.

Joe
Easy Rider
Five Easy Pieces
Midnight Cowboy
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
The Maltese Falcon

I like sad movies. I don't know about cynical, but these are quite depressing.

Lilya 4-ever
Turtles Can Fly
2:37
Walkabout
The Passion of Joan of Arc

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Lilja 4-Ever is certainly one. Also Amores Perros, Dancer in the Dark, Melancholia, Wonderland (Michael Winterbottom) , Wendy and Lucy, The Plague Dogs, Requiem for a Dream, Last Exit to Brooklyn.. I'm sure I'll think of more.

Oh, Through a Glass Darkly.

Go Agead, Make My Day

The Greatest 2009

this movie is for sure one of them.

Now, I try to avoid this kind of drama, I mean I appreciate them artistically, but I don't want to be deprresed man

Check out Before the Devil Knows you're Dead (2007) This movie is very dismal and captures desperation very well. Superb acting from Philip Seymour Hoffman, Ethan Hawke, Albert Finney, and a super hot Marisa Tomei.

Another favorite of mine is Bully (2001) This is another bleak movie about white trash teenagers. If this is our future, we're in trouble.

The River's Edge is also a great one and Antichrist would seem to fit your criteria.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Bela Tarr.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I don't know if these count because I find them all great as well as entertaining, but some people find them depressing and certainly cynical. There are some neorealist classics, contemplative cinema and post-apocalyptic films which would certainly qualify, but I'll let others mention them.

Joe
Easy Rider
Five Easy Pieces
Midnight Cowboy
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
The Maltese Falcon
Is that the one with Boyle or Cage?

When I think about depressing movies, two titles that come immediately to mind are The Elephant Man and Leaving Las Vegas. I also agree with the above poster who mentioned Before the Devil Knows You're Dead.

The People's Republic of Clogher

Have you ever thought, right, but you don't know, but you may have already lived the happiest day in your whole f**kin' life and all you have left to look forward to is f**kin' sickness and purgatory?

Chappie doesn't like the real world

Another favorite of mine is Bully (2001) This is another bleak movie about white trash teenagers. If this is our future, we're in trouble.
I've seen the movie and read the book. Unfortunately that's not our future; it's our present.

Apocalypse Now. Straw Dogs. Come And See. Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer. Grave Of The Fireflies. Lord Of The Flies. Night Of The Living Dead. Carnival Of Souls. Dogville. Gummo. Synecdoche New York. Taxi Driver. Martyrs. Frailty. In Cold Blood. 'night, Mother. Begotten. The Day After. Full Metal Jacket. Leaving Las Vegas.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.

Not really cynical but it is bloody depressing.