The Buy-a-MoFo-a-DVD Club

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
^^

Dementia 13 is still on the way, it just worked out that i got a crazy deal on that title (FX) and actually scooped up a few copies. Yoda is getten one, I'm getting one as is the newest member of the club, Powdered Water.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I am glad I checked this thread when I did, I have another tab opened up to amazon and was going to buy Dementia 13 cause the description sounds awesome and you can't get it on Netflix so can't wait.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Just got Dementia 13, have watched both now and will post what I think really soon, thanks so much Dexter, this is really awesome. A new DVD to watch is like getting a new car for you birthday.
Ok maybe that's a little exaggerated but I was incredibly faded when I typed the above so I think I did a great job.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog

What would have happened if Friday the 13th had been filmed in 1963, well I think you would have came up with something like this, a little mix of Jason Vorhees and House on Haunted Hill. The movie was great, the sound and audio sucked a big one but I can deal with that as long as I can understand what the plot is.
The damn wax doll that they kept using was so life like in the black and white that I kept getting all tensed up and waiting for it to open it's eyes.
This was Francis Ford Coppola's second movie that he made, so for that I give it
the scenery and the sound were spot on for a 1960's film, but I have a crappy sound system so the music often overpowered the dialouge.
The only real ploblem was the they gave away who the real killer was way to early in the movie, I guess that the slow motion button had not been invented so they gave it no further thought. Even with that, who you think is the killer in the beginning is not at all the actual killer, I think that's all I can say without giving away to much of the story.

Loved it, thanks so much Dexter

If someone wants to send me DVDs to add my 'to-watch' pile, I wouldn't say no

UF, 2019 has been integrated into the alphabetised collection so can't have been that bad

ok i just came back from picking up the mail, and among the plethora of bills, pizza flyers and assorted junk, there lay a dvd sized package.

was inside. Haven't seen this flick in years, in fact i dont think since i caught in in the original theatrical run.

So whoever sent it my way, thanks !!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog

Got this in the mail today, don't know who it is from so I don't know who to thank. I have never seen it but it sounds interesting so I will watch it soon and let you know.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Yoda tells me a package arrived for me at his house... and I should finally find out what it is on Thursday when he and I (and a bunch of other folks) go see "Prometheus." (We live about 50 miles apart and don't see each other often enough.)

Can't wait to see what's in it!

The Adventure Starts Here!
Oooh, Dexter, got the DVD from Yoda last night!! Would you believe I've just started rewatching this series on a channel here (Reelz) that plays a TON of great sitcoms all day long? I'd forgotten just HOW funny the show is -- we loved it when it was first airing, and we always said that Joseph Gordon-Levitt's hairstyle seemed to match Yoda's as he/they were growing up together. LOL (That'll only still be true if we can get Yoda to get a buzzcut, which I don't see happening.)

ANYWAY, I don't own any of the seasons of 3rd Rock, but wished I did! Thanks for starting my collection!! (I came into the Reelz reruns well past season 1, so this is a real treat.)

What are my obligations as part of the "club"? Do I send one to someone else here?

What are my obligations as part of the "club"? Do I send one to someone else here?
There are no obligations whatsoever. If you happen upon a title that u wish to send to someone, do so. Just fire over a pm asking for mailing addy. Whether u choose to lettem know whats coming or not is completely at your discretion.

I've done it both ways, i tend to personally think the Surprise factor is half the fun.

But again, don't feel as though you must reciprocate, the idea of the club is to keep it fun. I dont want it to become a burden to anyone. The fact is i have a sickness in that i simply cannot waltz past a dvd bargoon..lol

Also thats very cool and dare i say serendipitous that you've been getten re-aquainted with the show. I whiffed a couple of times sending Chris a couple of titles (though LA Confidential SE was a winnah) so my average soared with that homer.

Im on a bit of a roll with Powdered Water having sent him FX

and Dreamscape

, a pair of 80's flicks he didn't have in the collection, i might be pressen my luck, but a cult classic of sorts caught my eye, and so, its on the way.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Finally figured out the mistake Dexter, I ordered from Amazon.ca but it turns out upon further investigation that I even though I bought it through that website I bought it from someone in the US so that must be why it's taking a lot longer to get there.