Craptastic TV Shows of my Youth

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
The 80's sure had more than their fair share of Craptastic high Concept TV shows.

Post your faves.

The powers of Matthew Star

The Voyagers!

The Pheonix
&NR=1

WIZARDS & WARRIORS

&feature=related

The Pitch: hey lets take the Road Warrior idea and provide him with a RV with a helicopter built in to get teh Airwolf Audience.

&feature=related

also Ninjas have never been more popular..this can't miss :

There were actually quite a few skits I liked on this show, but there were some losers too. The intro might have caused my brother's epilepsy. Yeah not the 80's really, but was from my childhood.

Originally Posted by Loner

Pink Lady & Jeff
Although that show was beyond awful and waaaaay too hip for the room in the first place, I do LOVE Jeff Altman. For the past year or so he's been back on friend David Letterman's program almost every single night, as the mysterious wrong number caller (his "Uncle Carl" character, if you know his stand-up act) with drunken non sequiturs from Mars that are obviously largely improvised, as they often leave Dave in hysterics.

"Can I speak to the pharmacist?"
"For the last time, this isn't a drug store, it's a talk show."
[PAUSE]
"In that case, let me speak to Loni Anderson."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I did a large kids show tv post somewhere on this site, but here one I forgot.

Wasn't a huge fan of this, but I usually watched it.

However, I was and still am a fan of this.

&feature=related

And, in the Street Hawk/Manimal/Airwolf/etc vein of US 80's tv...

&feature=related

Friday night drama. Unfortunately, I can't find it's predecessor, The Gentle Touch.

&feature=related

Just a few more.

Because Tacitus mentioned it last week.
&feature=related

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Isis, had to watch Isis before chopping wood on Saturday's.
I liked Isis better when it was Wonder Woman.

I had to chop some wood afterwards, sometimes during if I could get away with it.

One of the best theme songs of all time.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Although that show was beyond awful and waaaaay too hip for the room in the first place, I do LOVE Jeff Altman. For the past year or so he's been back on friend David Letterman's program almost every single night, as the mysterious wrong number caller (his "Uncle Carl" character, if you know his stand-up act) with drunken non sequiturs from Mars that are obviously largely improvised, as they often leave Dave in hysterics.

"Can I speak to the pharmacist?"
"For the last time, this isn't a drug store, it's a talk show."
[PAUSE]
"In that case, let me speak to Loni Anderson."
Available on DVD!

Pink Lady & Jeff Boxed Set

Isis, had to watch Isis before chopping wood on Saturday's.

&feature=fvst
Speaking of Saturday Mornings..Check out these production Values !!

Electra Woman and Dyna Girl

&feature=related

The Far Out Space Nuts

&feature=related