Movie Forums Top 100 of the Aughts (the 00s) - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Excellent!

I will make sure to get a list in after I have had some time to catch up with some films I have yet to see...

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Letterbox has helped me order what films I've seen and ranked them. So now I have to seek out some great films of the decade I have yet to watch and get through those.

Suspect's Reviews

Letterbox has helped me order what films I've seen and ranked them. So now I have to seek out some great films of the decade I have yet to watch and get through those.
Make sure you don't miss the Recommendation Thread where there are a lot of good sources of recommendation.

Do made for cable TV movies count? Asking for a friend.
Check out the first post for most general questions about the ballot, eligibility, the timeframe, etc.

But the general rule is as follows...

ELEGIBILITY

So, who can join this "fellowship" of films? As was said above, the basic premise is that any film listed as 2000-2009 on IMDb is eligible for our list.

As for other eligibility situations:
  • There are bound to be some edge cases (limited releases, foreign releases, etc.) which can be brought forward in the thread and discussed accordingly.
  • Television series and mini-series are NOT eligible.
  • Other eligibility questions can be politely discussed in this thread. Curator's decision is final

Check out the first post for most general questions about the ballot, eligibility, the timeframe, etc.

But the general rule is as follows...

I'll take it as a yes. They are on imdb and they are not a mini-series or a series. Just HBO and Showtime movies.

Remember to share any questions, comments, or doubts about the logistics of the countdown, eligibility, or whatnot. Otherwise, just get to watching more 2000s films, with the help of our handy Recommendation thread.

Yoda is tinkering with the ballot, but I'm sure it'll be ready soon. We'll post it here as soon as it's available.

Yeah, sorry for the delay. I figured requiring people to wait a few weeks to submit is pretty close to standard practice anyway.

Hopefully this week. Watch a few more to be safe in the mean time!

A system of cells interlinked
I will most likely send my ballot in the week before the deadline. This time around, I am making a concerted effort to get as many films in that I haven't seen yet as possible. I still have many, many films to watch.

Okay, in theory the ballot tool should be good to go!

NOTE: for this countdown, the curator has chosen weighted scoring, which is to say the points your ballot gives out is based on how many total films you have. So obviously, like normal, a full 25 films means your top film gets 25 points, your next film gets 24, etc...but if your ballot is only 10 films your top film will only receive 10 points. If your ballot is 15 films your top film receives 15 points...and so on.

I had to modify the software a bit for this, and after some testing it seems to work fine, but there's, like, a 5% chance I'll have to storm in here and announce I'm closing the tool for a bug fix in case I missed something. I'll monitor submissions today and tomorrow to make sure it's working as intended, though.

Okay, those are the caveats. Here's the tool, basically identical on the front-end to last time:

https://www.movieforums.com/ballot.php

For what it's worth, just updated the original post to include the link to the ballot.

Thanks to @Yoda for all the hard work and for subjecting to my petty wants

I'm a forum admin, subjecting myself to people's petty wants is the whole job.
You mean all those people other than Camo actually wanted to be banned???