MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - Sign-Ups

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Both times I went to make a move for a QB, I got sniped just before, so I had to scramble for most of the middle rounds of the draft, leaving me with a team I had to settle for, instead of a team I purposely drafted. Projected to fall in the middle of the pack, and I tend to agree.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, picking 7th, I tended to lose targets one or two picks before me.
Still, I don’t agree with yahoo’s win-loss projections, as I expect I should be able to be to remain in the mix.

And, as all know, trades can help that significantly.

*looks in Yoda’s direction*

Let the night air cool you off
For most of the draft I went for home run swings instead of easy singles, the exception being Mike Davis as I thought it was important to have what I would consider a solid starter for depth purposes. Also, the TEs are just kinda there, but I figured they might be able to do something. Callaway and Gabriel Davis seem like real blow-up possibilities for me, if Dak stays healthy, I could see CeeDee making a push for top 3 WR numbers. I need Derrick Henry and Mahomes to stay healthy obviously. Mattison is my "pray for a catastrophic injury to another human being" pick. I picked Golladay because his bye week isn't week 7. I probably don't need to waste a draft pick on a backup QB, but I like Winston's upside this year. Hamler and Rountree are my late round fliers that may or may not provide any value, but if they blowup, it could be what wins the league for me.

I got an A-, surprising. Then I see the same critic told Yoda hes gonna finish 2nd to last and remember the Yahoo grade is just a cheap gimmick.

My run game is meh, but I knew it would be picking late. The rest definitely has potential, and i targetted players I thought could be explosive. I think ill do better than last year, but will be surprised if I do a lot better.

The trick is not minding
For most of the draft I went for home run swings instead of easy singles, the exception being Mike Davis as I thought it was important to have what I would consider a solid starter for depth purposes. Also, the TEs are just kinda there, but I figured they might be able to do something. Callaway and Gabriel Davis seem like real blow-up possibilities for me, if Dak stays healthy, I could see CeeDee making a push for top 3 WR numbers. I need Derrick Henry and Mahomes to stay healthy obviously. Mattison is my "pray for a catastrophic injury to another human being" pick. I picked Golladay because his bye week isn't week 7. I probably don't need to waste a draft pick on a backup QB, but I like Winston's upside this year. Hamler and Rountree are my late round fliers that may or may not provide any value, but if they blowup, it could be what wins the league for me.
I said this during the draft, but I really like your Callaway pick. Dude has made some noise in the preseason.

Last year Yahoo projected I would have an undefeated season. It was much more defeated. This year they project a ninth place finish. F them. Overall I pretty much got what I was aiming for.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

It's so funny how the draft in this league almost never follows all the mock patterns. I was actually going out of my way to NOT draft Wilson this season, as I think he's gonna be running for his life in what is most likely his last year in Seattle. All 3 of the guys I wanted went early so I ended up grabbing him again. Lol...

This is how useful these summaries written by a bot are...

Yes, I do indeed have three Washington Football Team players on my roster. Fitzmagic is my backup QB to Lamar Jackson. Obviously. And Curtis Samuel is the fifth WR I drafted. Clearly I don't anticipate him starting every week, unless he blows up. But I AM going to be routinely starting three 49ers, which they only recognized as a BYE issue and not that my season is much more dependent on the success of Kittle, Deebo, and Mostert than it is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Another of their notes also questioned why I picked up Mostert when I did instead of grabbing a WR that round...while previously having noted I have one of the strongest receiving corps in the league. On paper, anyway.

Silly.

Yup. And I almost took Gus Edwards in the later rounds but didn't pull the trigger. Beantown Champs got him and it may turn out to be a bargain.
Same, he was one of the next guys on the list. Ah well.

The trick is not minding
Yes, but at least the Baltimore Ravens can content themselves with perhaps the most meaningless record in sports: the most consecutive pre-season wins.

Oy.
At least you didn’t draft him….

Let the night air cool you off
Maryland needs to take a chill pill. Running backs are a dime a dozen nowadays. Dobbins is good, but he is not as valuable to his team as someone like Derrick Henry or Christian McCaffrey.

Me either. Yahoo had him as a top thirty pick, which I thought was already way too high. As long as Lamar is there, which I hope is a good, long, full career, no RB, no matter how good, will be a Fantasy stud. They will have decent ceilings and some games where they will pop, but to be at that top couple tiers of runner...no. Not the way Jackson uses his feet and as much as he leans on his TEs.