Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

Sorry if this has been discussed but I could not find it.

I am quite a fan of the Burton and Nolan batmans (as most people are).

I am not a fan of Snyder. With the exception of his Dawn of the Dead remake I tend to find his films shallow and a victory of style over substance. This was particularly true of Man of Steel, which had three incongruous acts; the first was some pompous sci-fi twaddle, the second was some angsty teen drama (Smallville ugh); and in the third he became so enamoured with destruction on a huge scale that he fundamentally broke the central character... this was the ultimate instance of style over substance where the spectacle of destruction took precedence over consistent characterisation.

I was quietly optimistic with regard to Batman V Superman: The trailers had been good; I think the casting of Batfleck was inspired; and it should have sufficient shades of grey in the story to hark back to the better moments of the Nolan trilogy.

Then I saw the second trailer. Lex Luther felt like a bad parody of the 2008 Joker with the irritation factor turned up to 11; there was a post Batman V Superman reveal that was the height of stupidity, and; the third act appears to be yet another generic mess of CGI with destruction on an absurd scale.

My interest in the film has slumped to an all time low. Please share your thoughts.

My interest in the film has slumped to an all time low. Please share your thoughts.
Outside of the surprisingly good Dawn of the Dead, I've never been impressed with Snyder's work, so my expectations for Batman v Superman has always been pretty low. I think, like most, I was initially skeptical of the decision to cast Ben Affleck as Batman, but I've come around to the thought that he might actually be the best thing about the film. If nothing else, I'm looking forward to him taking the reigns of The Batman coming up here in the next year or two and, hopefully, showing Warner and DC that maybe he should be the one at the helm of the studio's flagship DC films rather than Snyder.

As for Batman v Superman, I think there's a chance that it could turn out halfway decent. It's not going to be anything that's going to rival Nolan's films, but I think Affleck could make for a very interesting Batman, so he might be able to raise that part of the film above where Snyder would probably otherwise have it.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.

I am not a fan of Snyder. With the exception of his Dawn of the Dead remake I tend to find his films shallow and a victory of style over substance. This was particularly true of Man of Steel, which had three incongruous acts; the first was some pompous sci-fi twaddle, the second was some angsty teen drama (Smallville ugh); and in the third he became so enamoured with destruction on a huge scale that he fundamentally broke the central character... this was the ultimate instance of style over substance where the spectacle of destruction took precedence over consistent characterisation.

I was quietly optimistic with regard to Batman V Superman: The trailers had been good; I think the casting of Batfleck was inspired; and it should have sufficient shades of grey in the story to hark back to the better moments of the Nolan trilogy.

Then I saw the second trailer. Lex Luther felt like a bad parody of the 2008 Joker with the irritation factor turned up to 11; there was a post Batman V Superman reveal that was the height of stupidity, and; the third act appears to be yet another generic mess of CGI with destruction on an absurd scale.

I disagree with majority of what you said, I personally (with few others) defended Snyder few times, in few threads. I enjoyed a lot of his movies, even Sucker Punch had something in it, can't say it was epic, but it was alright. It's beyond me why people consider Watchman "shallow". 300 is an action movie, loyal to its original material, wanting it to be this epic drama is just wrong, because it was never meant to be one. MoS was good movie, it had it's flaws obviously, but it was easily better than a lot of other movies that have been called great. It was an easy 7+ for me. And as far as I can see, they turned some flaws into advantages for BvS.

I couldn't hate entire movie based on Lex even if I wanted to. Am I the only one who finds it obvious, he won't act all movie like he did in that conversation with Clark and Bruce, even if he dose, I don't see anything wrong with it, he inherited wast wealth, he's a spoiled genius.

Post BvS reveal? You mean Wonder Woman? Don't tell me you didn't know she will be in this? Or that Batman and Superman will end movie as friends, fighting something greater.

And for everyone who (on purpose or not) forgets the second part of the movie title, it's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

I agree with you, Snyder is primarily a visual director. His films are always beautiful to watch, but with Man of Steel he proved he can create compelling character arch's. In MoS, Superman was learning how to be Superman, if that makes sense. He discovered his powers and in days was forced to fight Zod, making the destruction of a city and being forced to kill more like learning curves. In future films (BvS), this will set up some interesting conflicts.

Here is the thing you can bet money humans would have turned over superman too zod if the deal was they d leave.transformer 4 told the ugly truth and that humans come first and we break deals with alien allies.

That's what Snyder said about Superman killing Zod.
He's only been doing his thang for a couple days/weeks and is thrown into this fight. His killing of Zod will be his reason for not killing any more.

Also, anyone ever seen the original comics? Superman was brutal. He would smash baddies around with little regard to their safety and more than likely killed a few.

Nobody batted an eye when Superman killed people in Superman II.

He turned Zod, Ursa and Non into humans... then threw them into the ice under the Fortress Of Solitude.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Would have been so funny at end of Superman 2 if supes really went brutal after making them human, like ripped Zods head off his shoulders or just furiously punched his head into mush.

I'm literally sitting here thinking of hilarious ways Supes could kill human Zod.

-Scream in his ear so loud his head would explode.
-Rip his heart out of his chest and present him with it
-Melt him with red laser eyes
- Fly him somewhere really high and isolated and just leave him
-Throw him into the Sun(preferably in a spacesuit for maximum suffering)
-Stretch him and tie him in a knot
-Squash him into the smallest possible mass with bare hands
-Uppercut him through his arsehole and out of his mouth

tl;dr - Bat vs Supes will suck ass

When you say squash Zod into a small lump...

He could make a Zod-Diamond and propose to Lois with it..

And people wonder what batmans problem is with Superman but batman is not wrong about how dangerous and depending on what mood superman stays in. Would allow us too be safe. A person like Lex could easily sway americans and humans too fallow a superman being kicked off of earth doctrine.

Can't comment on the movie, but I will say that Ben Affleck in that suit looks more Batman-like than Christian Bale ever looked in his black spray-painted Iron Man outfit with Black Panther cowl & felt cape.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
TV spot 2 confirms how badly this movie will suck! Trying to be funny but it's just a facepalm.

After the lacklustre response to Avengers 2 I think this movie is about 3-5 years too late.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
So one scene confirms how much movie will suck? Not how that scene might suck? Or you think there will be a joke every few minutes? I think there will be few jokes entire movie.