Malignant

→ in
Tools    

Time to find if James Wan delivers another horror classic like The Conjuring or delivers a subpar movie like the Conjuring 2.

l Some ****ty dialogue ("It's time we cut out the cancer") and mediocre acting hurt that opening scene.

l A yo what in the **** is Gabriel. Finger crossed, it's an alien/demon hybrid.

l I think I'm on to something with this alien/ demon hybrid. How have those two not been combined yet? Get your **** together, Hollywood.

l One look at this lady's house, and you should nope right on out of there. It looks like it would be haunted by 1900's era creepy kids or some ****.

l James Wan showing some love to the Evil Dead when Gabriel attacks Dereck and nurse lady

l No one is addressing Madison's bleeding head. How did no nurse or doctor put a band-aid or anything on it? She has occurred severe head trauma.

l The overhead angle shot of Madison running through the house was cool.

l Wan is so good at building tension and suspense. Between his camera work and music, you are gonna be puckering your ******* real tight.

l Tip for everyone out there: If you hear sounds coming from a very dark area. STAY THE **** OUT OF THAT AREA. JUST RUN AWAY AND GO HOME.

l Gabriel using the radio to communicate is a great call and adds to the creepy level going on right now.

l The special effects where the apartments melt into one another is cool

l How many times can someone's head ****ing bleed before it gets medical ****ing attention.
l
l I swear to god, if the power of love is what defeats or helps Gabriel, I'm gonna flip a ****ing tit

l Some of the more modern music choices don't quite work.

l Gabriels voice is creepy as hell.

l Who the hell parks their car so close to a cliff.

l YOOHOO that reveal of Gabriel in full view was grotesque looking

l Madisons hair has bothered me all movie, and now I know why it's a terrible wig.

l That scene in the jail with Gabriel was so brutal

l Not sure how I feel about this twist. It's certainly different, but it's also weird but also somehow works. I'm confused about how I feel about it
l I cant take Gabriel and his movements seriously. At some point, it became more comical than haunting and creepy.

l This has gone from a horror movie to an action movie real ****ing quick
l In the words of a wise man named Eminem, "Shoot that bitch”. He really couldn't afford to blow that ****. Shaw had a clean shot, and he should have taken it. Gabriel has taken out the whole police force at this point. Who cares about Madison? Take this thing out.

l I knew the power of love was gonna play into the ending here. She finds out Gabriel was the reason for his miscarriages, and apparently, hell has no fury like a mother. Madison should be glad Gabriel caused all those miscarriages. But, unfortunately, her husband was gonna be a ****y father.
l All of a sudden, Madison is Superman and can lift hospital beds.

l Man, the ending to this movie was BANANAS.
l The acting in this movie was okay. It would have helped if there was at least one well-known actor/actress here.

Overall, this movie is very similar to Insidious; the beginnings of both are great but not so much for the end. The first half of Insidious was a superior horror movie, but once "Astroplane" is mentioned, that movie goes to **** faster than the Bruins in the playoffs (of the Maple Leafs, those ****s always suck in the playoffs). This one is a better overall film, though. The actions scenes weren't bad, but they changed the vibe of the movie too much.
Wan is great when it comes to horror. Even when you know what is coming, he can still get you to jump. I love his camera movements and music. He just needs to stick to the basics and not get so crazy. He stuck to the basics with Saw and The Conjuring, and both of the movies are classics. He went a little to buck wild with his two Insidious entries and The Conjuring 2. He even gets a little too off the rails on this one. The good thing is that the action scenes are pretty good, which certainly helps redeem it a tad bit. Overall this is a solid movie. 3/4 of it is damn good, and the final 1/4 is okay but just a little off the mark to work. 7.8/10

Malignant was right up my alley. Weird, perfectly lit and directed, and with a great twist. It helped the action to feel more fitting than it could've been. Sorry, crumbs, but I really like James Wan.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Really dug Malignant. It's a crappy b-horror movie with a Hollywood budget. It's a prank that Wan is pulling on all of us. It makes you think the film is one thing, then becomes something completely different. It walks a fine line and I can totally see people not liking it, but if you're in on it, the ride is fun.

Suspect's Reviews

It s a throwback to those 80s slasher films, and it s a really good one

Clever idea, pretty fun. Not really scary, though. Maybe it's me, but it's almost impossible for a film this action-y to be genuinely terrifying.
It has some scares but yeah it s mostly a slasher kinda horror,

Duplicate Account (locked)
Malignant is certainly funny, but the extreme randomness distinguishes it from the slashes I like, plus a movie that's that funny and bad gets really tiring. I dont even think i was able to watch half of it. I've realized, from using this message board, how plot is really important for me. I don't like movies which don't tell stories. I was very dissapointed with malignant, i havent found a single 2021 movie which i have liked so far.

Malignant is certainly funny, but the extreme randomness distinguishes it from the slashes I like, plus a movie that's that funny and bad gets really tiring. I dont even think i was able to watch half of it. I've realized, from using this message board, how plot is really important for me. I don't like movies which don't tell stories. I was very dissapointed with malignant, i havent found a single 2021 movie which i have liked so far.
Don t tell.me.u didn t like Akilla s Escape.??!

Clever idea, pretty fun. Not really scary, though. Maybe it's me, but it's almost impossible for a film this action-y to be genuinely terrifying.
Indeed not. But I find the shock factor on first watch pretty valuable, if only for a split second.

Duplicate Account (locked)
Indeed not. But I find the shock factor on first watch pretty valuable, if only for a split second.

it is actually scary in theatres, but its not really a horror movie. It triggered my anxiety hardcore, and i was sitting there laughing the whole time, exposing my autism. I'm glad there was only two other people in there or else someone might have beat me up. The scary movie series is the most similar movie ive seen to it. I personally liked final destination and scream waaay better.

As far as recent stuff, Hell Fest (2018) was pretty genius in my opinion, probably because its not a comedy. **** random bull**** movies, if you're gonna go the comedy/horror route, it has to be less funny than malignant I model all moves i hate after "Enemy of The State", that was a hardcore waste of Jack Black and Will Smith's talent.