A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

Are you implying that a movie with a dog flashback, endless dirtbike footage and a shower scene in the middle of the desert is anything less than quality cinema?

(Tbh, I'm partial to movies that use their environments interestingly and this did so well enough.*Hence a pass from me and me alone.)
Two things that I remember are:
1. Seemingly half the runtime was flashback footage from the first film, and
2. the print I watched was the most aggressively pan-and-scanned thing you've ever seen, which severely impacted my enjoyment, such as it was.

#2 isn't the movie's fault, of course, so I'll no doubt give it another shot one day.

Two things that I remember are:
1. Seemingly half the runtime was flashback footage from the first film, and
2. the print I watched was the most aggressively pan-and-scanned thing you've ever seen, which severely impacted my enjoyment, such as it was.

#2 isn't the movie's fault, of course, so I'll no doubt give it another shot one day.
I'd hate to talk you into a rewatch, but last I checked it was on Tubi in a nice transfer.*

I do remember a good amount of recycled footage, but half seems a bit high from my memory.*

The only thing I remember about Hills Have Eyes Part 2, is it made me think I had seen Hill Have Eyes Part 1 well into my 40's, and so very nearly never bothered to watch it.

That should be considered as some kind of sequel crime.

The only thing I remember about Hills Have Eyes Part 2, is it made me think I had seen Hill Have Eyes Part 1 well into my 40's, and so very nearly never bothered to watch it.

That should be considered as some kind of sequel crime.
Wait, did you watch the sequel first?!?

HauntedWeen 3.0: The Revenge of Hooptober:

Final Exam (1981)

Alright, I've finally seen Final Exam and it was something.

I do see what they were going for between the slow build in the early going (try to give the viewer more reason to root for various people) and the attempted contrast between the frat prank in the early going and what transpired in the final third. I just think it could have been better executed.

Although it's not a ripoff of other slashers, I do think they might have cribbed some notes from Halloween from the brunette heroine to the musical score. A few clever lines and kills can't save this one from being an also-ran.

It's a near miss.

Apex can at last learn the secret Horrorcram handshake.
WARNING: spoilers below

And you didn't think the dirtbikes were cool?

Disappointing.

Even though, knowing me, I probably watched it a few times, I remember literally nothing about it.

In all seriousness, is Final Exam worth watching?

You mean before or after you divulged the secret handshake?

At this point, I don't think you are permitted a choice in the matter.

You mean before or after you divulged the secret handshake?

At this point, I don't think you are permitted a choice in the matter.
Does that mean I'm required to watch it now or that I'm no longer worthy of watching it?

Does that mean I'm required to watch it now or that I'm no longer worthy of watching it?

Never you mind the details, just know you are now ethically committed to watching it.

Never you mind the details, just know you are now ethically committed to watching it.
I assume something like this will happen to me if I refuse to watch it: