Coronavirus

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
E.R. doctor on 'front lines' of coronavirus fight in N.Y. dies by suicide

A New York City emergency room doctor who was on the “front lines” of the fight against the coronavirus has died by suicide, police said Monday.

Dr. Lorna Breen, 49, who worked at New York-Presbyterian Allen Hospital, was in Virginia when she died on Sunday, said Tyler Hawn, a spokesman for the Charlottesville Police Department.

More:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...tedly-n1193701

⬆️ I just saw this. So frickin sad. What these NYC doctors & nurses are going through is a nightmare. One Brooklyn hospital has no plastic booties so now they wear plastic bags over their shoes.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
⬆️ I just saw this. So frickin sad. What these NYC doctors & nurses are going through is a nightmare. One Brooklyn hospital has no plastic booties so now they wear plastic bags over their shoes.
It is sad. A few weeks ago a nurse had committed suicide. There doesn't seem to be an end to this virus in sight.

Kinda of disgusted about all the nursing home deaths. I think it is downright wrong for these deaths not to be highlighted. and counted properly. Do these people not matter? According to a couple different articles I have read over 11,000 deaths have occurred in nursing homes, mainly spreading because of under staffing. We can send hospital ships and build field hospitals but cant help staff the nursing homes? I am sure there can be blame thrown at the operations of these facilities as well, but don't these places get inspected regularly?

Anyway I just had to vent a little after seeing a soldiers home have so many deaths reported suddenly. These are citizens that sacrificed so much for this country only to be forgotten when it comes to reporting and proper care. I know the death rate is high among the elderly, but more precaution should have been taken to prevent the spread and should be addressed. I am afraid the numbers are going to be even more horrible once the light is put on this particular part of the crisis.

Staggering to know that the UK (obviously tiny compared to America) has 26,000 deaths so far.

Quite nerve-racking to shop at Stop and Shop today. Not the first time I’ve been since this all started, but the first time we in CT cannot enter without a mask. Rather a somber mood there. Employees I am friendly with told me it’s hard working there now. Dealing with rude hostile people who don’t want to wait in line & many other problems. They looked exhausted. Only thing they didn’t have which I needed was wipes. They did have some fancy ones for $16, but I put them back.

Then I took my first bus trip home. Two stops, but nerve-racking also. One old bat freaked out because she said I was too close to her. Won’t need to go there again for quite a while. So long as my cats have plenty of food I am happy.

⬆️ Not a city bus per se, but, rather an alternative bus service. Few travelers & never ever crowded. Unless one is disabled we enter & leave through the back door & there is no contact with the driver. I doubt whether I would travel right now on a city bus, but I don’t drive so sometimes there’s no choice. Not something I would enjoy, that’s for sure.

Outside the supermarket is a Red Box vending machine. A nuisance of a guy without a mask was mooching for change. He would insist on engaging with me & eventually I had to ask him to back away.

I wouldn't get on a bus right now. Covid-19 can stay suspended in the air for 3 hours and infect someone from 10 feet away. I'd be doing online ordering or walking and or driving to a nearby store.

⬆️ You’re right. My problem is I do not drive. I walk to the store, but cannot carry heavy bags home. I am on this particular bus for, maybe, 5 minutes as it’s only 2 stops. It follows the railroad tracks & there are no stop lights so it’s very quick.

⬆️ You’re right. My problem is I do not drive. I walk to the store, but cannot carry heavy bags home. I am on this particular bus for, maybe, 5 minutes as it’s only 2 stops. It follows the railroad tracks & there are no stop lights so it’s very quick.
5 minute bus ride, I bet you could walk that?

You ready? You look ready.
If anything, you could walk to the next stop and only ride it for one stop. Till ya feets are screaming for more pavement.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
muh tootsies are screeeeeeeeaamin'!!!!

^total coronavid post.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Get yourself a folding shopping cart.

I've put cases of soda, big buckets of cat litter, gallons of water, etc. in mine no problem.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Just to be that guy. You all know that even with masks, you have two wide open wet virus magnets on your face right? Seriously. Without a sealed goggle, the best you can hope is to not be around it. I just don't want anyone getting a false sense of security and making any trips they really don't need.

Just to be that guy. You all know that even with masks, you have two wide open wet virus magnets on your face right? Seriously. Without a sealed goggle, the best you can hope is to not be around it. I just don't want anyone getting a false sense of security and making any trips they really don't need.
That's why I wear eye protection too. I've being doing this since before it became hip to be safe

5 minute bus ride, I bet you could walk that?
OMG, I walk 2 hours every day! I said I cannot carry heavy bags.

If anything, you could walk to the next stop and only ride it for one stop. Till ya feets are screaming for more pavement.
You guys are being so dense.