Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Iron Monkey: 8/10

Generally stupid but ridiculously entertaining. Some of the greatest action scenes ever put on film.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Murder by Death (1976)

I love Murder by Death. Are you familiar with the detectives who were spoofed in the movie?

MCU movie marathon continues...

THOR: THE DARK WORLD
(2013)

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER
(2014)

I've enjoyed this one the most so far

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
(2014)

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2
(2017)

Next up: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON, ANT-MAN, CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, BLACK PANTHER
No spoilers please!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

To the Stars (Martha Stephens, 2019)
6/10
Bad Education (Cory Finley 2020)
6.5/10
Time to Hunt (Sung-hyun Yoon, 2020)
5.5/10
The Creeping Terror (A.J. Nelson [Vic Savage], 1964)
- 3/10

The Walking Carpet eats a few idiots before it somehow croaks.
Seventeen (Daniel Sánchez Arévalo, 2019)
- 6.5/10
Becoming (Omar Naim, 2020)
- 5/10
The Short & Curlies (Mike Leigh, 1988)
5.5/10
The Jesus Rolls (John Turturro, 2019)
- 5/10

Little did we know that the Jesus was a character from a French film.
Sunday's Illness (Ramón Salazar, 2018)
.5.5/10
Bloodlust! (Ralph Brooke, 1961)
4/10
Terrordactyl (Don Bitters III & Geoff Reisner, 2016)
+ 4.5/10
The Babadook (Jennifer Kent, 2014)
6.5/10

Which came first - the Babadook or the Bababook?
The Search for One-Eye Jimmy (Sam Henry Kass, 1994)
6/10
After Midnight (Jeremy Gardner & Christian Stella, 2019)
5/10
Arkansas (Clark Duke, 2020)
6/10
Bruce Almighty (Tom Shadyac, 2003)
- 6.5/10

Bruce Almighty parts the Red Soup; but can he answer one simple prayer.
Mega Python vs. Gatoroid (Mary Lambert, 2011)
4/10
Fangoria: Blood Drive (Multiple Directors, 2004)
.5/10
I'm with Lucy (Jon Sherman 2002)
+ 6/10
Big (Penny Marshall, 1988)
7/10

"Heart and Soul" followed by "Chopsticks"..

Run of the Arrow (1957)

I watched this because it's one of the last I hadn't seen from the existing westerns list. Rod Steiger gives it his best shot as a disillusioned soldier on the losing side of the civil war who goes and joins the Sioux. Charles Bronson stands around looking strong and says a few words. It was ok for an 80 minute watch but I thought it was pretty dated.

Martyrs (2008) - 6/10. Kinda weird rating this one. From what I heard in the reviews I expected a lot more blood and a lot more dead bodies. It's quite a different kind of a movie. But to be honest, I still don't get the objective of keeping the women as prisoners. Seemed kind of a flimsy plot thread to hang a movie on. Who knows! Anything else and I would go into spoiler territory, so I should stop.
Yeah hell_storm2004 totally agree. The basic gist of story didn't do it for me and no spoilers. Opinions!
These are typical responses to the movie, and I must admit I felt the same way the first time I watched it too. It wasn't until my second watch that I actually payed attention to the dialogue and realised what the movie was actually about. It has surprisingly more depth that it seems if you're just looking for gore and aren't paying attention to the plot. For a violent movie about torture with really good gore effects it doesn't get much better than this in terms of actually having meaningful content.

If you were paying attention then you would know what the objective of torturing the women was (torturing them, not "keeping them as prisoners"), because there is a long conversation of dialogue spelling it out in detail, and it's the title of the movie. They also have a wall of art devoted to it.

I don't know what it is exactly, but I guess when you're anticipating gore it's hard to pay attention to dialogue. The second time I watched it I was much more interested in the movie itself as a whole, and that's why I started paying attention.

Tales that witness madness (1973)

One of those Horror Anthology films that has some good and some bad points. The production values are OK but some of the stories are rather thin (compared to, say, the "Tales from the Crypt...the Mr Tiger and Mel ones being particularly daft). Nice enough dated watching for an afternoon, the stories reminded me of the "Roald Dahls Tales of the Unexpected" that aired on UK TV in the 80s.

Re-watch of a terrific movie.

The Good, the Bad, The Weird (2008)

Too over the top and occasionally silly for me normally, yet the constant mayhem was a lot of fun. Throw in some good characters and that was enough for me to like this one.

Windmere Children (2010) - 5/10. Not every holocaust story needs to be told, this was one of them. Doesn't have too much in it. Although the teen actors were better than most i guess. But this would have been better off as 30 mins on BBC Our World, not a whole movie. The ending was nicely done. But apart from that, offered very little.

The only upside was seeing Tim McInnery in something after Black Adder.

Death Ship (1080) - 5.2/10. A wee bit tighter writing and this might have been a classic. The premise is great i have to say. But it lacks a bit in probably every department, except the production design. A little better acting here, a little better direction there and this would have great. Certainly not violent of anything. The directors completely fluffed the ending i think by not providing some info, just doesn't feel well-rounded.

These are typical responses to the movie, and I must admit I felt the same way the first time I watched it too. It wasn't until my second watch that I actually payed attention to the dialogue and realised what the movie was actually about. It has surprisingly more depth that it seems if you're just looking for gore and aren't paying attention to the plot. For a violent movie about torture with really good gore effects it doesn't get much better than this in terms of actually having meaningful content.

If you were paying attention then you would know what the objective of torturing the women was (torturing them, not "keeping them as prisoners"), because there is a long conversation of dialogue spelling it out in detail, and it's the title of the movie. They also have a wall of art devoted to it.

I don't know what it is exactly, but I guess when you're anticipating gore it's hard to pay attention to dialogue. The second time I watched it I was much more interested in the movie itself as a whole, and that's why I started paying attention.

I rarely ever revisit a movie. First i thought I understood the movie wrong. So I googled the explanation of the ending, and nope, read the movie right. If "finding out" was the only thing that the gang intended, especially about "that" thing, I still think its a little weird. I expected two women just picking of people one by one and litres and litres of blood. Yes, it is clever than most lame movies that just amp the gore level up to 11 and go for shock value. This is definitely more nuanced than that.

The Hangman (1959)

I'm surprised this has an IMDb rating of 6.6 rather than being a well known classic. It's an unusual western in that there's no gunfights or bad guys, and that's not because it's a comedy or musical. I'd say it features a moral dilemma and there's really not even any unlikable characters. I liked it a whole lot except for maybe the last minute when I thought the wrong guy got the girl.

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot
(2019)
3/5

I'm sorry but I had to watch this. I grew up as an adult watching most of Kevin's films and I just realized it was 15 years between the two times I met Jason Mewes. First at WizardWorld Comicon in Chicago and Planet Comicon here in Kansas City. Jason is one of the coolest people I have ever met. I have a Chronic action figure signed by Jason. It did have some stupid funny scenes in it and some memorable quotes. Most are too dirty that I can't post here.