El Camino: Breaking Bad Movie

Tools    

Bob Odenkirk Confirms Breaking Bad Movie Already Filmed
There’s been a lot of speculation and rumors regarding the upcoming Breaking Bad movie, with discussions on who will return for the film in addition to Aaron Paul’s Jesse Pinkman to when it will debut. Now, mothership and spin-off Better Call Saul star Bob Odenkirk has given fans a minor update with the fact the film’s already in the can.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter for the upcoming fifth season of his acclaimed spin-off, Odenkirk spoke on what he knew about the film and the secrecy that’s gone into its production.

“I don’t know what people know and don’t know. I find it hard to believe you don’t know it was shot. They did it. You know what I mean? How is that a secret? But it is. They’ve done an amazing job of keeping it a secret.”

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...o0tQLoLblaD.99

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Is this going to be a TV movie, or a theatrical release?

What I want to know is why did the filmmakers decide to make this a Netflix release. Breaking Bad is so popular, that they could have easily gotten a theatrical release, couldn't they?

What I want to know is why did the filmmakers decide to make this a Netflix release. Breaking Bad is so popular, that they could have easily gotten a theatrical release, couldn't they?
Like The Irishman, probably a limited theatrical release, followed by digital streaming worldwide.

Walt got the perfect closure. Let's not ruin that.
Agreed, my guess is plenty of flashbacks as you said.

But Breaking Bad is so popular, you don't need a limited theatrical release. You could have a big opening for the movie and keep it in theaters as long as any Hollywood blockbuster, because people love Breaking Bad. You're just denying yourself more money that way by not having a big theatrical release, aren't they?

Evidently writer/director Vince Gilligan had signed a deal with Sony TV. Apparently that's why the "BB" movie will be a TV/streaming release.

I'm old school. I'd much rather theatrical releases exclusively are considered for Oscars. However eventually movie theaters will go the way of dance halls, so home entertainment will be king.

I'd prefer seeing movies in theaters, however since 95% of modern films are to my taste poor to bad, it's not worth the effort or expense to go to the movie house.

But the other consideration is that the Oscars and certainly the annual love fest are practically meaningless in terms of quality. However they must still influence box office revenue.

~Doc

The IMDb page is up including the poster which I've updated in the first post;
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9243946...1?ref_=nv_sr_1
Thanks for the link, John. I must say though that if I weren't already interested in this film, the teaser/trailer would not compel me to be so...

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
If they're bringing back characters, it better be TUCO!!!

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I don't see any issue with this movie. We all know that Walter's (and Mike's :sigh: ) stories are over. The "universe" still exists and I don't see any issue with Mr. Pinkman's story expanding. Who knows, maybe Flynn picks up the fedora as well.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Here's an article that lists a bunch of questions they want to see answered in El Camino (which comes out TOMORROW on Netflix!).

https://www.tvguide.com/news/breakin...ions-answered/

(EDITED to add the link. However, this isn't the link I meant when I first posted. I can't find the link to that article anywhere, so this is the next best thing. How it disappeared, I'll never know.)

Bad timing for me. I have house guests coming in the afternoon. So do I stay up late and try to watch it after midnight (assuming that's when it drops), or do I find a way to cut corners on the housecleaning and watch it before the guests arrive?

Notice I didn't list an option to wait till they leave to watch it.

The Adventure Starts Here!
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie | Official Trailer |
This trailer is great!

Also, did you see at the end where it said "In select theaters and on Netflix October 11"?

Now I gotta go check to see where it's playing around here. @Yoda... would you and the missus consider going?