Shameless

Tools    

I went through this forum to see if there were any other threads on this show but I didn't see any, so here goes...I have been binging this SHOWTIME original series for a couple of months now. I am two episodes into season four. This raw and strikingly original series is set in the suburbs of Chicago and is about a lower middle class family named Gallagher. The patriarch Frank, played by William H. Macy, is an alcoholic and drug addict who cares about nothing except where his next drink is coming from. His wife is MIA and he is the father of six kids he doesn't give a damn about, The eldest Fiona (Emmy Rossum) has taken over as the parent raising the other five kids which include a smart and slick hustler named Lip (Jeremy Allen White), his younger gay brother Ian (Cameron Monaghan) and his other kid brother Carl (Ethan Cutkowsky) who is into weapons and destruction. I have never seen anything like this show...this show redefines the term "pushing the envelope"...nothing is sacred here...the show brilliantly walks the line between raucous comedy and startling tragedy on a weekly basis with one of the most reprehensible central characters I have encountered...not since Archie Bunker have I seen a TV character I have wanted to strangle consistently but can't wait to see what he's going to do next. Be forewarned: this show contains large weekly doses of stomoach churning violence as well as full frontal male and female nudity so if you're turned off by that sort of thing...this show also features some absolutely brilliant acting...William H. Macy is a revelation in the starring role and Joan Cusack won an Emmy last year for her work as a Gallagher neighbor with agoraphobia. You've never seen anything like this and probably never will, but if you've got the stomach for it...this is fresh and original and completely unpredictable from episode to episode.

Bump.Just getting into season 1, really enjoying it though, wil be cool to watch the family grow up rapidly. Gonna be bingong this, would love to hear some other members opinions

I also recently (a year ago) started watching Shameless.
Is entertaining, the author give some kind of glorification to daily-life struggle and difficulties.
I'm on episode two of season seven. Frank is my favorite character, but I don't really like him.
Sometimes this kind of glorification makes me mad, but I'm used to.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I loved the UK version, it went on a little to long but was still very funny. I don't think i could could into the US version as our humour is a little different than urs.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Am two episodes into season 10 and really don't understand all the fuss about Emmy Rossum leaving, the show is getting along fine without her. Not crazy about the way Debbie has been turned into a complete bitch but am LOVING the changes that fatherhood are bringing about in Lip.

I think the show is better without her. It was getting more of the same, Fiona this, Fiona that, Fiona suffered an injustice, Fiona fight back. Well, the show is more of the same anyway, but I keep watching it.

@Gideon58
What you're thinking so far? I'm starting to watch the 7th episode. I think it's becoming a drag, more old the same old, I'm not really liking it anymore, I'm just watching it because I've been watching it for so long. And it doesn't have anything to do with Fiona, believe me, I think the most interesting so far is Veronica and Kev.

Just finished ep 10...Debbie's playing a very dangerous game that can't end well for her. She needs to stick with the mama (Constance Zimmer)...financial security and all. And please get Ian and Mickey back together...can't stand these two pretending to hate each other. And why are they turning Liam into such a smart ass? Actually it just further confirms that he's a real Gallagher, no matter what the color of his skin is.

Just finished season 10...loved Ian and Mickey's wedding and everything that happened between Lip and Tammy. Looking forward to the 11th and final season.