Constantine

Tools    

Well come friday, i'm leaning a bit toward The Interpreter. Mabe i'll save Constantine for the week after. I'm just afraid it will be another Van Helsing with way too much cgi's and over the top action. Too much of this is not necessarily a good thing.

I saw Constantine over the weekend, Escape I can understand your concerns. I was even a bit apprehensive about seeing the movie because I was a big fan of the Hellblazer comics but they really did a fantastic job on it. The CGI isn't distracting at all and I usually HATE CGI but I felt they did a great job, the CGI blends in with the story instead of taking away from it like other movies because the Hellblazer/Constantine story is so strong to begin with. I'm just hoping for a sequel now.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
JRS, enlighten us papapapaapapplease?

Originally Posted by sean_g
I saw Constantine over the weekend, Escape I can understand your concerns. I was even a bit apprehensive about seeing the movie because I was a big fan of the Hellblazer comics but they really did a fantastic job on it. The CGI isn't distracting at all and I usually HATE CGI but I felt they did a great job, the CGI blends in with the story instead of taking away from it like other movies because the Hellblazer/Constantine story is so strong to begin with. I'm just hoping for a sequel now.
Well, i ended up seeing it also cause the interpreter isn't playing now till april 22 i believe. In my local theatres they advertised it to come out that week. Oh well. As with Constantine, i never read the comic but i always have a tough time with movies that have that Catholic religious aspect to it that conflict with Catholicism. So Constantine was way off in areas. I know it's only a movie but still, it usually is the only time i can't let go and just enjoy a movie for what it is.

I saw it today. I thought the movie was okay generally, but Tilda Swinton's Gabriel is the only really standout fature, and by far the strongest reason to see Constantine. This is the same woman who played the mother in The Deep End?! Yowza.

I hate to sound like a pessimist, but this movie looks god awful.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I was actually underwhelmed by it and the people who I saw it with (whom I expected to hate it) actually all really liked it...

It wasn't as epic as I was hoping it would be. It didn't have much grandure to it. The story was interesting, but it was emphasized in all the wrong places (I felt). I was actually impressed by this, because they didn't dumb it down for the casual movie goer, but at the same time I felt like they held out a little too much and we missed out on things that could have only made it better.

It did have some moments that I thought couldn't have been improved upon. Most noteworthy would be the scene with Lucifer himself. I thought it was handled juuuuust right.

And the last shot...was fitting, but man oh man I was hoping for the opposite. To me, that would have completed the film and would have bumped up my enjoyment of it hugely.

I havn't seen this movie yet. Although, I really want to bad!
I love Keanu Reeves in the Devil's Advocate. I'm assuming that
this movie is like it with satan and all. I'm not sure, but when I
saw the previews......damn its good!

Originally Posted by OG-

It did have some moments that I thought couldn't have been improved upon. Most noteworthy would be the scene with Lucifer himself. I thought it was handled juuuuust right.
man i think they did a great job with lucifer. Thats how i would have imagined him, suave and completly psychotic anyhoo the only real fault with the movie, in my opinion is that some of the characters werent developed enough, poppa midnight, chaz kreuger etc.

Originally Posted by casa
man i think they did a great job with lucifer. Thats how i would have imagined him, suave and completly psychotic anyhoo the only real fault with the movie, in my opinion is that some of the characters werent developed enough, poppa midnight, chaz kreuger etc.
Don't forget the lame plot-holes.

history *is* moralizing
i really really liked it, except for some weak dialogs, and i agree that i'd like to see Poppa Midnite again, in Constantine 2! or his own movie. liked it in Morrison's comics too, back then when i was young..........

I saw opening day, I thought it was a good action flick, keanus as usual only he's got a little more attitude in this picture and it suits him well. All the roles were filled brilliantly if not a little diff from the comic.

I really enjoyed this movie. I think Keanu did alot better than I was expecting, maybe one of his best roles to date. The storyline had some weak points but that is normal in most movies. The special effects were really nice and I loved the exorcism at the beginning. I was suprised to see it make over 30 million opening weekend since it was rated R. Even beat the opening of the Matrix.

Originally Posted by countrygal6
I really enjoyed this movie. I think Keanu did alot better than I was expecting, maybe one of his best roles to date. The storyline had some weak points but that is normal in most movies. The special effects were really nice and I loved the exorcism at the beginning. I was suprised to see it make over 30 million opening weekend since it was rated R. Even beat the opening of the Matrix.

Yeah thats something, I expected Keanu to not bring as much emotion into it as he did really, the scenes with gabriel were definatly one of the highlights of the movie for me, that and the special effects. I'm holding out for the DVD release.

I think the most memorable moment of that movie was when keanu flipped a certain someone the birdie.

Also, for those who plan on watching it, there is apparently a scene that comes up after the end credits. Unfortunately, i missed it too.

the only hayward man will ever need
Originally Posted by Escape
I think the most memorable moment of that movie was when keanu flipped a certain someone the birdie.

Also, for those who plan on watching it, there is apparently a scene that comes up after the end credits. Unfortunately, i missed it too.
thanks for the heads up, it hasnt been released in britain yet so i shall stay until the very end. two other cases that happened was at teh end of Daredevil and Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story . at the end of deodgeball me and my friend were the only ones to stay there to see it coz i had read it in a magazine
"I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I felt like destroying something beautiful." - Tyler Durden

I finally saw constantine it was awesome in my opinion I cant wait for it to come to dvd

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Escape
yeah, i must admit i was lucky to see it with the right person, who told me to stay so as not to lose the end after the credits.
i did prefer the one at the end of Kevin Smith's Dogma though. that one i had missed at the theater! but saw it later on videotape.

Originally Posted by hayward
two other cases that happened was at teh end of Daredevil and Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story . at the end of deodgeball me and my friend were the only ones to stay there to see it coz i had read it in a magazine
What were the endings for both of those?

yeah, dodgeball had an alternate ending you could watch on the dvd..but it was stupid

anyway...constantine was anything but stupid. it was very cool, mysterious, eerie, and down right just cool.

the demons were well created and hell was even well designed. just a touch of romance but not enough to ruin the movie so that was cool too. i want this one on dvd for sure. can't wait

ez