The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

Tools    

Do you think that it would be a great movie?I like the books and I saw this horrible movie on the books I know if they did make it, It would be better!
What do you think?I heard a rumor that it is going to become a movie!Anyone like the idea.
See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

well the rumour mill seems to have hit a streak of truth, because yes there is going to be a movie. heres what I know:

The production company behind this is Walden Media, Frozen Lake productions. It's being directed by Andrew Adamson (Shrek) and the screenplay is being written by Ann Peacock (cool name). And my favorite part of all, guess who is doing the digital effects...WETA Digital, so sort of heightens the anticipation for the films since at least i think so, WETA's resume is pretty good. (LOTR folks... I mean come on)

Now it looks like production is going to start in December 2004, with a release in maybe the last few months of 2005. It was originally going to be filmed in like early 2004, but they bumped up the shedule for many reasons (one of them being that WETA is currently going to start work on 'Kong' soon). Oh and yes, it has been confirmed that the films are to be shot in Auckland, New Zealand. That's all I know.

the official website is narnia.com

enjoy!

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
well the rumour mill seems to have hit a streak of truth, because yes there is going to be a movie. heres what I know:

The production company behind this is Walden Media, Frozen Lake productions. It's being directed by Andrew Adamson (Shrek) and the screenplay is being written by Ann Peacock (cool name). And my favorite part of all, guess who is doing the digital effects...WETA Digital, so sort of heightens the anticipation for the films since at least i think so, WETA's resume is pretty good. (LOTR folks... I mean come on)

Now it looks like production is going to start in December 2004, with a release in maybe the last few months of 2005. It was originally going to be filmed in like early 2004, but they bumped up the shedule for many reasons (one of them being that WETA is currently going to start work on 'Kong' soon). Oh and yes, it has been confirmed that the films are to be shot in Auckland, New Zealand. That's all I know.

the official website is narnia.com

enjoy!
Wow thanks you made my day happy!I have to go check this out right now!Well...........When school is over I should really be in math!
That sure is alot of information through thanks!ALOT!

Any guesses on the cast?See you ar ound!JM

Originally Posted by Jackie Malfoy
Any guesses on the cast?See you ar ound!JM
Cast. Hmm...the funny thing is I am a storehouse of little single minded opinions but right now I really can't think of any. There is quite a bit to think about in sense of cast but the most important are the children (and Aslan, but thats voice). Now this is my hope, that they get some un-known Brits to play the kids, really other than getting the ages and Susan's hair right I don't have alot of expectations, I am sure I will later.

I have no idea about the cast, but it sounds like an okay movie. The books were pretty interesting.
www.narnia.com

well i am thinking that 'wardrobe' will follow along with the same sort of pattern Harry Potter did as far as casting, small relatively un-known british child actors with little to none movie experience, and then some pretty well known reputable adult british actors that lean more in theater than most film actors do.

well i am thinking that 'wardrobe' will follow along with the same sort of pattern Harry Potter did as far as casting, small relatively un-known british child actors with little to none movie experience, and then some pretty well known reputable adult british actors that lean more in theater than most film actors do.
I hope they inleast learn there leason from the hp actors who to me can't acted at all!Anyway the books have alot of Christen views in it.My question is that will it change some stuff because of that or will tlhey keep it?
Just wondering if anyone shares this thought?
See you around!JM

Originally Posted by Jackie Malfoy
I hope they inleast learn there leason from the hp actors who to me can't acted at all!Anyway the books have alot of Christen views in it.My question is that will it change some stuff because of that or will tlhey keep it?
Just wondering if anyone shares this thought?
See you around!JM
i seem to be remembering from somewhere that they are very adamant on keeping it. Oh and some very dissapointing news, Grant Major has dropped from the project as design director

Anywho I will try and find more baout that topic when I am finished with finals!
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

It was beauty killed the beast.
There have been a couple TV movies of it as well as a mini-series.

In the Beginning...
I saw a play adaptation a few year back after reading the book, and it was surprisingly good! I remember making a point to read the rest of the Narnia books, but I never did. Wish I had more time...

Anyway, I'd love to see a film adaptation, so long as it kept the magic and the themes that made the book unforgettable.

The Green Lantern
I loved the books. I read then just after I got out of high school, and they are so great. The BBC production of the first four books were good. At least I think so.
If they keep to the books, I think the movie will be great.

"Once a king or queen in Narnia. Always a king or queen in Narnia."
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

Hey, i live in Aus. I was wondering, does anyoneone know if they have cast Susan yet? If they don't find anyone in England do you think they might come out here because i would really love to do this film or at least have a chance. I can adapt an English accent, it isnt that hard and i have loved the Narnian Chronicles since i was really young.

as far as I have heard casting is done! they are no longer accepting anymore audition tapes. sorry. i would look at narniaweb.com for more updates though

Originally Posted by isolated
I can adapt an English accent, it isnt that hard and i have loved the Narnian Chronicles since i was really young.
It would probably be best if you actually knew the name of the land you'd be set in.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

sorry to laugh-i am sure she just accidently wrote that, at least I hope she did. BTW- what do you all think of Nicole Kidman as the white witch?

Walt Disney Studios has sealed a deal with Walden Media to bring to life a live-action film version of British author C.S. Lewis' classic children's fantasy The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Per the deal announced Monday and trumpeted Tuesday in a series of nationwide newspaper ads, the Mouse House will cofinance and distribute the first installment in the Narnia series, which will have a budget of more than $100 million and be directed by Shrek mastermind Andrew Adamson.

"The Chronicles of Narnia were an important part of my childhood just as they are to millions of fans around the world. I hope to bring to the screen a movie that is as real to the audience as Narnia was to me as a child," said Adamson. "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe tells an epic story of great heart, of a family torn apart by a war in our world, who are united in their struggle to save the magical land of Narnia. It's been a long time dream of mine to bring these classic stories to a new generation of moviegoers and readers."

Long before J.K. Rowling dreamed up Harry Potter, Lewis was busy with his seven-book series. Written in the 1950s and beginning with The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the author chronicled an epic struggle between good and evil set in the magical land of Narnia. The first installment centers around four siblings--Lucy, Susan, Edmund and Peter--who enter an enchanted closet and find themselves in a world filled with giants, dwarves and talking beasts.

They eventually encounter a magnificent lion named Aslan and are recruited to help battle the evil White Witch and break a century-old spell that keeps Narnia permanently frozen in winter.

Disney and Walden are betting that Lewis' fantasy franchise--which also includes the prequel, The Magician's Nephew, and the sequels The Horse and His Boy, Prince Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair and The Last Battle--will follow Warner Bros.' Harry Potter and New Line Cinema's The Lord of the Rings series by casting a spell at the box office.

"With an exciting and meaningful plot and well-drawn, emotional characters, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe has the potential to be just the start of an extraordinary series of films; the exceptional imagination present in the novels follows in the best Disney tradition," said Disney chairman Dick Cook. "I think this is just the kind of movie audiences are looking for, and we're thrilled to be able to bring it to the screen."

Lewis, a classics professor at Oxford and Cambridge, was a contemporary and old friend of Lord of the Rings mastermind J.R.R. Tolkien, and the two used to get together regularly to compare notes on their respective fantasies. (Anthony Hopkins played Lewis in the 1993 biopic Shadowlands.)

The Chronicles of Narnia has sold over 85 million copies worldwide and has been adapted before in both cartoon and live-action form on television. Walden, which controls the rights to the property, has previously teamed with Disney on the films Ghosts of the Abyss, Holes and the upcoming big-budget Jackie Chan remake of Around the World in 80 Days.

Unlike Peter Jackson's Oscar-winning Lord of the Rings, which featured a CGI Gollum as one of the lead characters, Adamson will use digital effects to create five animated leads, including Aslan.

Under the agreement, Disney will control foreign distribution and ancillaries such as home video, licensing and merchandising, as well as rights to adapt Narnia future books.

Mickey's minions hope Narnia will be a big boost for the company and help plug the huge hole left by Pixar, which has ended its long-term relationship with Disney. The Mouse House also recently acquired the Muppets franchise and is looking to regain shareholder confidence in the wake of the Pixar loss and an open revolt against chairman and CEO Michael Eisner led by former board member Roy Disney, the nephew of Walt.

If all goes as planned, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe will start filming in late June or early July and is targeted to hit theaters in Christmas 2005.

source: E! online

oooo! Maybe they'll have the metal band Narnia do the soundtrack! or not...
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

Evil spelled backwards is Live!
I know I read the book once long ago and it was a pretty cool book. Hopefully the movie won't ruin it.

Disney seen to always rid that kind of movie. Anyway I can't wait for Christmas when it comes out.
I hope the acting is great and the plot is the same, i have a feeling because Disney is making it that it will not be christen as hope.
If I am wrong you may correct me but Asland is supose to be god and I have a feeling that Disney is going to change an awful lot and if they do there will be hell for them to pay!See you around!JM

I love it when I am right.

I have some quite exciting news today for all you narnia fans out there; it seems that most of the main cast has been announced. As wa smy prediction, the children are un-knowns (thank heavens!) "The actors are: Georgie Henley, 9, from West Yorkshire, who plays the lead character Lucy; Skandar Keynes, 12, from London, who plays Edmund; Anna Popplewell, 15, also from London, who plays Susan; and William Moseley, 17, from Gloucestershire, who plays the eldest brother Peter." (cite this quote here)

It has also been announced, well not publically announced, but conformed that Jim Broadbent will play Professor Kirke. The white witch shall be played by Tilda Swinton, Mr. Tumnus has been casted to James McAvoy, and Father Christmas shall be played by James Cosmo. As far as the voice cast goes, the fox shall be voiced by Rupert Everett ( ), Mrs. Beaver, shall be voiced by Dawn French and that is all so far. Follow the link for teh quote to see more quotations, and for frequent updates i'd check out narniaweb.com.

I don't know about you- but I am excited.