Asian Movie Where Mom Fake Accidents for Cash

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm almost positive the movie is Japanese, and from the 60s.. I remember the mom (and young child) would pretend to get hit by a car to extort the driver for money.

I know someone will know it - I believe I found it on here. THANKS!

That's it - thank you so much, Mark.. For some reason, I thought that title was of this Japanese movie (I'm not going to start a new Question thread) but this old woman was asked by a father looking for work if she could watch him for a few days. He doesn't come back, and thinks he has left him for good. She is an old spinster who doesn't like the boy (at first), but the father eventually comes back.

And I keep thinking of the Ozu film, "Good Morning".... My mind and it's constant digression and free-association is killing me.

Was it in color or B&W? If the latter, the closest may be Record of a Tenement Gentleman . It's on YouTube.
You are right again. Thanks! I guess I was confused by the title because the woman calls him "boy" or "Boya" the entire time... I forget to rate a ton of movies.. Thanks again, Mark - you're a genius.