FilmStruck streaming service

Tools    

app navigation could’a used some fine tunning
I think most would agree, but it didn't matter compared to how many great flicks you got to watch.

I could not be more bummed. I feel pathetic for being so attached to a streaming service, but damn I am extremely bummed. Literally wondering what my movie viewing will look like next year. I lean very heavy on this service.
It sucks for me because I'm not a rich man, I can't go buy all these Criterions. A streaming service with them was ideal. Now I'm gonna be negative-broke.

It sucks for me because I'm not a rich man, I can't go buy all these Criterions. A streaming service with them was ideal. Now I'm gonna be negative-broke.

Yup, would love if someone picked up Criterion but I am not counting on it.

Doesn't affect me as have never used it but hopefully you guys can find a viable alternative.

Way to be a part of the problem Chyp.
There's a problem???
Nobody told me

Welcome to the human race...
The tragedy is that I would've totally used it if it wasn't geoblocked in my country.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I never used it, but it's sad to see things like this go. I feel like the world of older cinema is fading away.

Suspect's Reviews

Absolutely.
Physical media might take up some wall space, but it's reliant, and also means you don't have to spend £5 every time you put a movie on.
£10 for the disc, watch it as many times as I like.

I mean, at the rate I rewatch stuff it would have cost me a couple grand by now just watching Predator ffs.

Online/downloading/streaming sucks. Always has. Always will.

Take a look at the Filmstruck library and then tell me it will cost me $5. I like physical as well but their library was absolutely amazing. Big believer that there is room in the world for both. If I only cared about watching Predayor ten times in a row, I wouldn't care that Filmstruck was dying.

Filmstruck had something like 500+ movies for 11 bucks a month. I'm fine with physical media, if that's what you prefer, but come on - to suggest there's no value in that kind of streaming service and that it's not more cost-effective is just silly.

It was the best streaming service by a HUGE margin, in both quality and quantity. My week is ruined.

It was the worst streaming service I'd ever paid for with buffering and search. I hope the library goes back to Netflix. But I'm sad to see it go because I was hoping they would work out the kinks and get the entire Criterion collection on it.

It was the worst streaming service I'd ever paid for with buffering and search. I hope the library goes back to Netflix. But I'm sad to see it go because I was hoping they would work out the kinks and get the entire Criterion collection on it.
Criterion was on Hulu and it sounds like you have an internet provider issue. Never had one problem with streaming unless my router was acting up. I loved the way the library was curated. Loved the clean layout. Loved how you could search by decade, genre, or director. Loved how they had a leaving soon section. Filmstruck kicked Netflix's ass in layout, not even close for me.

I know I might be coming across as a bit if a jerk but Filmstruck was a wannabe cinephiles dream come true. I am so sad it's gone soon.