Most Memorable Character(s)?(Good Or Bad)

Tools    

Karl and Hans Gruber(alan rickman) from Die Hard

Barry Manilow(Tom Green) in Roadtrip

Stifler (Sean William Scott) in American Pie

Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins) in Psycho

Blofeld (Donald Pleasance) in James Bond (cant remember name)

Dr.Evil (Mike Myers) in International Man Of Mystery,And The Spy Who Shagged Me--goldmember was just total crap

Seth Gecko (George Cloony) From Dusk 'Till Dawn

Cheech (Cheech Marin) Cheech and Chong Up In Smoke

Ian Mckellen (i cant remember his characters name) Apt pupil

Mr.Blonde (Michael Madsen) Reservoir Dogs

Mr.White (Harvey Keitel) Reservoir Dogs

Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood) Dirty Harry

Aragorn (Viggio Mortensen) The Lord Of The Rings- The Two Towers

Legolas (Orlando Bloom) The Lord Of The Rings- The Two Towers

Joe Hollenbeck (Bruce Willis) The Last Boyscout

Scaramanga (Christopher Lee) The Man With The Golden Gun

Wyatt Earp (Kurt Russell) Tombstone

Brigadier General Francis x.Hummel (Ed Harris) The Rock

Major Konig (Ed Harris) Enemy At The Gates

Michael Myers (random actors) Halloween

Roger Bartlett (Sir Richard Attenborough i know,spelling) The Great Escape

Hilts (Steve Mcqueen) The Great Escape

Private Jackson (Barry Pepper) Saving Private Ryan

Colonel Tavington (Jason Isaacs) The Patriot

Martin Riggs (Mel Gibson) Lethal Weapon

Sergent Major Plumly (Sam Elliot) We Were Soldiers

Dr.Hannibal Lector (Anthony Hopkins) The Silence Of The Lambs

Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) The Godfather Part 1&2

The Devil (Al Pacino) The Devils Advocate

Neo (Keanu Reeves) The Matrix

Joachim Phoenix (The Emperor) Gladiator

Kathyrn (Sarah Michelle Gellar) Cruel Intentions

sorry guyz,didnt mean to make it quite so long, theres a lot more,but i think i might give you a chance..

1. Gen. Jack D. Ripper from Dr. Strangelove OR: How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love The Bomb

2. Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction
3. T.E. Lawrence from Lawrence of Arabia
4. Rick Blaine from Casablanca
5. Amelie Poulain from Amelie

Sergeants Elias (Willem Dafoe) Platoon
Sergeant Barnes (Tom Berenger) Platoon
Recruit Roland Bozz (Colin Farrell) Tigerland
Alex (Malcom McDowell) Clockwork Orange
Data (Ke Huy Quan) The Goonies
Mr White (Harvey Kietel) Reservoir Dogs

Neo (Keanu Reeves) The Matrix

Aragorn (Viggio Mortensen) The Lord Of The Rings

*drooling......*

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Those are all great characters, but they are not as memorable as many others. There is no way Tom Berenger in Platoon will be remember years down the road compared to something like Brando in On the Waterfront or DeNiro in Taxi Driver. The answers are just like what is your favorite memorable character, I mean Mr. White and Mr. Pink? c'mon you think they will remember them like people remember James Cagney in White Heat years down the road?

but the most memorable character in all of movie history and there is really no argueing this because IT IS FACT

Vivien Leigh as Scarlet O'Hara in Gone With the Wind.

I'm sorry if you disagree but thats the answer.

only Gable's character in GWTW, Orson Welles in Citizen Kane, Bogart in Casablanca, or Judy Garland in the Wizard of Oz come close, but they all still fall short.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

IT IS FACT
It is OPINION. It is SUBJECTIVE. It is FACT? Uh, yeah, okay...

Meanwhile your picks just seem to be a list of memorable performances or classic performances by great classic actors. Memorable for who played them more than who the characters were [not Bogart as Rick, of course, he too is on my list]. Not taking a short at you. To each his own. And it is indeed a nice list. I just don't agree with it is all.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet

Meanwhile your picks just seem to be a list of memorable performances or classic performances by great classic actors. Memorable for who played them more than who the characters were [not Bogart as Rick, of course, he too is on my list]. Not taking a short at you. To each his own. And it is indeed a nice list. I just don't agree with it is all.
Hear hear! Wot-wot. I agree.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

well, scarlett o'hara is a memorable character just as dorothy gale is

but jimmy stewart as george bailey in it's a wonderful life always comes to mind

robert preston as prof. harold hill in the music man is another...

al pacino as sonny in dog day afternoon or as michael corleone in the all the godfathers...

You're still all listing the actors first. The question is the characters you remember. Not the performances. Call be a stickler for answering what was asked, but yeah. There can be a difference, for me, between a memorable performance and a memorable character.

Indiana Jones will always be in my top five most beloved characters.

The others would be:

The Cooler King
Ripley
Han Solo
and Forrest Gump.

That's off the cuff tho', 'cept for Indy..He's my fave.

jack nicholson as the joker in batman

val kilmer as doc holiday in tombstone

begbie from trainspotting

kevin spacey from usual suspects

samuel jackson from pulp fiction
"i don't dig on swine."

Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
Alien (in Aliens)
Predator (the alien in it)
Indiana Jones
Sam Gerard (The Fugitive)

Originally posted by susan
well, scarlett o'hara is a memorable character
al pacino as sonny in dog day afternoon or as michael corleone in the all the godfathers...

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet

Hey how's it goin'? I just got one thing to say.....

YOU'RE WRONG!

You say it is a memorable performance? Well can you separate a performance from a character? No you can't because they go together hand in hand. Many times a performance makes the character and the two compliment each other, a good example of this is Brando in a Streetcar Named Desire. And about your remark that she was more memorable for the actress that played her than the character! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Most people know the name Scarlett O'Hara before they've ever heard of Vivien Leigh.

And I know you're sitting at your computer saying, this dude doesn't understand it's a matter of opinion. Well this time it isn't a matter of opinion. like I said IT IS FACT. GWTW came out in 1939, the book a few years earlier. Thats nearly 60 years that America has known and been in love with the character of Scarlett O'Hara. Books have been written about her, she's been on them decorative plates, O'Hara dolls have been made, the list goes on. The character is almost everybit as popular today as she was 60 years ago. Now are you telling me that in 60 some years time someone like Samual L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction will be remember along the same lines... No way. I bet more people have known the name of Scarlett O'Hara over the years than any other movie character. Like I said Bogart in Casablanca might come close or Judy Garland in the Wizard of Oz, but no cigarr

once again

THE ANSWER IS
Scarlett O'Hara

The most memorable characters for me are:

Count Orlok - Nosferatu
Edward Scissorhands
Forrest Gump
Here’s Johnny - The Shinning
Hannibal Lector
Regan - The Exorcist
Indiana Jones
William Wallace - Braveheart
Darkness/Tim Curry - Legend
Doctor Frank-N-Furter - Rocky Horror
Yoda
ET
The Terminator
Gollum/Smeagol

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Put me in your pocket...
And for me...the most memorable characters are....

Dorothy!
The Scarecrow, The Lion, The Tinman, Glinda and the Wicked Witch of the West....
Mary Poppins
Robin Hood (Errol Flynn)
Zorro
James Bond
Austin Powers
Indiana Jones
ET
Tracy Lord– Philadelphia Story
Jerry Travers and Dale Tremont– Top Hat
Bugs Bunny
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves

and I totally agree with you Nikki...

Aragorn-This character will be forever ingrained in my memory~

Oh...and I also agree with Silver Bullet...Vid...you need to relax...but that just my opinion.

YOU'RE WRONG!
Charming.

Like I said IT IS FACT.
Like I said: no it isn't. Your reasons for picking Scarlett O'Hara is fine by me [I especially like looking at it in terms of the age of the film and the lasting impression], but that does not mean, at all, that it is a piece of factual information that Scarlett O'Hara is the most memorable character to anyone but yourself. It is an opinion. It isn't fact. Unless you want to take a worldwide survey. Which you don't. I suggest you don't talk for everyone on the face of the planet.

I suspect you'd find that James Bond would beat Scarlett O'Hara hands down.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
  • Robot Gunslinger ~Westworld played by Yul Bryner .
    Amelie Poulain ~Amelie played by Audrey Tatou .
    T-800 ~The Terminator played by Arnold Schwarzennegger .
    Gollum/Smeagol ~The Two Towers played by Andy Serkis .
    Randle P.McMurphy ~One Flew Over The Cukoos Nest played by Jack Nicholson .
    Virgil Hilts ~The Great Escape played by Steve McQueen .
    Max Cady ~Cape Fear (1962) played by Robert Mitchum .
    Mathilda ~Leon played by Natalie Portman .
    Buzz Lightyear ~Toy Story played by Tim Allen .

Originally posted by iluv2viddyfilms

Hey how's it goin'? I just got one thing to say.....

YOU'RE WRONG!
once again

THE ANSWER IS
Scarlett O'Hara
The Wizard of Oz came out the same year, and I bet that Dorothy is more well known than Scarlett. Not many children have heard of Gone with the Wind, but they've all heard of the former. Now since children comprise a large part of the movie watching market, I would suggest that Dorothy has it.

Now take some damn riddlin, prozack, or any anti-dick medicine that you can find. These forums aren't wrestling rings, so check your attitude at the door. Pretty soon I'll be putting you on my ignore list, and I wouldn't doubt that others follow suit.