Am I the only one who hates Avatar????

Tools    

No Apologies. No Regrets.
So i saw avatar i actually even saw it twice and i dont see at all what the hype is about it. People are like its the best movie ever made and thats the biggest lie iv ever heard. Granted the cgi is amazing but the story and characters and everything else is in it is so generic and has been done before. Avatar isn't even original anyone watch Fern gully as a kid? its the exact same story. Even has the story based around saving a tree that gives life.
Does anyone else not like Avatar???

Its not the best movie ever made but I liked it

I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10. I'm a little suprised it's the highest grossing movie of all-time.

Did you know the female interest of the main character in the movie is actually black? I read that the other day. She's hot, too. She's been in the newest Star Trek, Drumline, Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl, The Terminal, Vantage Point and many others. She's gorgeous.

A system of cells interlinked
I like it. Yes, it;s been done before, but I still like the execution of the idea here. The film isn't perfect, but I have fun with it.

Avatar was enjoyable enough but it got a lot of press because of the 3D technology behind it which in turn made people go and see it.

My main issue with Avatar is that it's too long, by the time that the tree was attacked I just wanted it to end and was losing interest.

No, you're not the only one who dislikes the film. My review was pretty negative. I can dig on how someone could find it entertaining anyway, but I couldn't. I found the visuals more impressive than immersive, and I thought the world it created represented a lot of time and effort, but not necessarily a lot of creativity. And I just couldn't get past the hammy plot and terrible dialogue. If people enjoyed it, more power to 'em. Wish I could. And I don't mean that in the condescending way I'm sure it sounds.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Same here. And, as I predicted at the time, I just don't see that it'll garner a whole lot of excitement going into the DVD/HBO phase (which it's hitting now -- it's coming to one of our movie channels this weekend).

When I saw the ads for it coming on TV on Nov. 6, I was underwhelmed. Whatever was fun about it on the big screen will be totally lost at home. And frankly, that was *all* it had going for it. And, with all new technologies, they might be exciting when they're new, but once other films catch up with the technology, all that will be left to keep Avatar popular will be its story and characters. Didn't really have enough of the stuff it would need to make it last long-term.

I still haven't seen it... even though someone gave me the DVD... and it was playing on HBO when I was flipping channels not long ago... somehow I just can't make myself get interested in Smurfs 'n Tails...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I can't say I hate it, because I've never seen it. I can say that I have absolutely no desire to see it. The whole idea is just not interesting to me. The special effects look cool, but that's not a good enough reason to watch a movie. There has to be more substance to a film than that, and I just don't get that vibe from Avatar.

No Apologies. No Regrets.
Oh im not trying to sounds condecending to people who liked the film but it was just annoying when people were like its the best movie ever and there are plenty of films 9x better than it

I enjoyed it. I wouldn't put it at the top of my list but I don't think it was as lackluster as you describe it.

Without a doubt the greatest film of all time. Without a doubt the single greatest cinematic achievement in the history of the world. Without a doubt the single most profound, exhilarating, endearing artistic experience of my life.

@IeatDragons

Human scum! I hope you die in a fiery oblivion like the Earth battalion under Colonel Quaritch. I hope for my Toruk to hunt you down tear you apart limb from limb while I relish in the taste of your flesh through our unbreakable symbiotic bond. I will avenge the death of Tsu'tey with the lives of your family.

EYWA HAS HEARD YOU... EYWA HAS HEARD YOU!!!!!

It's one of those movies that I really liked it when I saw it in the theaters (twice) but then after I got to thinking more about it, I just find it pretty average. Though I will say, there is something about it which makes it better than most typical action/sci-fi films you see today and I do find it to be pretty entertaining at times.

I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10. I'm a little suprised it's the highest grossing movie of all-time.

Did you know the female interest of the main character in the movie is actually black? I read that the other day. She's hot, too. She's been in the newest Star Trek, Drumline, Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl, The Terminal, Vantage Point and many others. She's gorgeous.

she is also in the movie " The loosers "