Lucy Number Slevin trailer

Tools    

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/media/player.php?id=2526

A case of mistaken identity lands a man (Hartnett) in the middle of a murder being plotted by one of New York City's biggest crime bosses (Kingsley).

This movie lived up to everything that I thought it would. After seeing the trailer on the movie's site, I was hooked. I haven't seen a thriller like this come out in quite some time. To top it all off, there plenty of big names too. Willis, Hartnett, and Liu - to name a few. Overall, great movie - great way for me to spend my $7. Definitely plan on checking it out again sometime in the near future.

The Adventure Starts Here!
This movie seems to have died an early death, though. As for me, I found it disingenuous that they used the same "7" tactic as "Se7en" did....and even had a similar look to it and MORGAN FREEMAN ... and yet it wasn't in any way related.

At first glance, I'm sure they want you to make the connection, and buy a ticket based on that.

Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as I started to think. (However, the one review I skimmed was NOT happy with it.)

Anyone else see this flick?

I saw it way back, was quite impressed, i reviewed it in my thread .

Don't see any link between 'slevin' and 'se7en' though.

The Adventure Starts Here!
The final movie poster is different, but I swear to you that early TV ads well in advance of the movie had the "L" in "SLEVIN" upside down as a "7"! When I also saw in the same ad that Morgan Freeman was in the movie, the very-short ad definitely wanted you to think it was some sort of sequel or related movie.

But, the final movie poster has entirely different typesetting for the title, looking more like an action movie with that lettering. I wonder if there's a way to tell if they changed it because of people complaining or getting confused, as I did.

Anyway, that was what bothered me: The obvious link to "Se7en" with the "7" and the rhyming and one of the same actors.

Yeah I've seen Lucky Number Slevin twice, way back in February. Not a bad movie, but far from great. It's kind of an American version of a Guy Ritchie flick, so some people will love it. But I think most people are going to hate it.

The main reason I'm buying this on DVD when it's released is for the incredibly beautiful Lucy Liu, who shines in this film as the adorable girl next door.

Originally Posted by JBriscoe
I cant wait til this on DVD
Me neither. I thought this was the best movie I have seen in a while.

Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins
Yeah I've seen Lucky Number Slevin twice, way back in February. Not a bad movie, but far from great. It's kind of an American version of a Guy Ritchie flick, so some people will love it. But I think most people are going to hate it.
Hmm, it's getting a 7.5/10 out of 6,060 votes so far on IMDB. I'm thinking the majority will like this film honestly. And it is a tiny bit like a Guy Ritchie film though his films usually have the characters doing their own thing then meshing together later on right? I'm not so sure this movie had that then again I've only seen Lockstock and Snatch to give this humble opinion of mine.

Originally Posted by Escape
And it is a tiny bit like a Guy Ritchie film though his films usually have the characters doing their own thing then meshing together later on right? I'm not so sure this movie had that then again I've only seen Lockstock and Snatch to give this humble opinion of mine.
It's like a Guy Ritchie flick in the sense that it tries to blend humour with the gangster genre, and it also has these larger than life characters with odd names like Slevin, The Boss, Sloe and Elvis. And the way it's filmed and shot reminds me of Ritchie's style. A lot of people say that director Paul McGuigan was influenced by Tarantino, but I really can't see that myself. Apart from when Morgan Freeman talks about The Schmoo, which is a intertextual reference that comes out of nowhere.

Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins
It's like a Guy Ritchie flick in the sense that it tries to blend humour with the gangster genre, and it also has these larger than life characters with odd names like Slevin, The Boss, Sloe and Elvis.
Ahh ok, now I get you. Also thought it was cool the way the two previous friends who are now top crime lords had their penthouse estates looking similar yet still distinct from one another while they locked eyes with each other behind their bullet proof glass along with their own guards and snipers.