Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

“I was cured, all right!”

Daniel Kaluuya rocks! He should had more time though, what a presence!
Apart from some good shots (the Kaluuya ones are great), the film really sucks at development and the dramas and twists are pretty boring and predictble...

AT ETERNITY'S GATE (2018) JULIAN SCHNABEL

What would it be like to see the world through the eyes of Vincent van Gogh? I believe this came close.
They could have taken all the dialogue from the movie and it would have just as much meaning.
Forget the plot, forget judgment and just experience. What a gem.

Snooze factor rating = Zzz

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Unregistered User

Dead and Buried (1981)

Solid little 80's horror that although is quite a slow burner, does has some really great scenes and a memorable ending. Well worth a watch for horror fans!!

Tangerine (Sean Baker, 2015)

More like bananas imo

AT ETERNITY'S GATE (2018) JULIAN SCHNABEL

What would it be like to see the world through the eyes of Vincent van Gogh? I believe this came close.
They could have taken all the dialogue from the movie and it would have just as much meaning.
Forget the plot, forget judgment and just experience. What a gem.
Agreed. It's quite the experience. I loved it.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Which years would those be?

1966 (end of censorship)-1976, but mostly late 60s, early 70s.. I might check out stuff that have less than 1,000 ratings on IMDB, thinking "I have a different sense of humor" (avoid mainstream comedy)

Greetings - 6/10
De Niro was funny, some really good writing/moments, but the rest wasn't too good, too tedious or ridiculous, but I've been in the mood for these counter-culture comedy/satires

La Sapienza (2014) by Eugène Green

My first movie from the American filmmaker Eugène Green, which i saw on mubi.com today. It was a very idiosyncratic movie with a deadpan style reminiscent of the work Danièle Huillet and Jean-Marie Straub. A lot of the near perfect symmetric framing of the mise-en-scene made it quite intriguing to look at. Part fictionalised romance and part architecture documentary made it a rather high brow watch, not without its flaws (The scene with the Australian could be an example of a disjuncture in the movie).

All in all a quite interesting watch that wanted me to dive into his filmography.

Minnie and Moskowitz - 8/10
Probably the 4th time I've seen this. I saw it 14 years ago, and it was my introduction to John Cassavetes. I also remember being frustrated early on for a reason I won't mention because it might spoil, but also because it was a challenge, something totally original, but by the end of it, I liked it very much.

Warcraft

Lots of fun and with great world building. Suffers shallow character writing but that is because it focuses on the world building. Still, I found it a better piece of entertainment than Infinity War but maybe that is because I am a huge fan of the videogames.

Well, this was a fairly violent little flick. Mads plays Duncan, a world class hitman nearing retirement at which time his employer will need to pay 8 million into his pension. The employer (kind of a mix of Fat Bastard, the Yellow Bastard and Andy Warhol) would rather Duncan disappear than pay up so he sends a hit squad out to locate and eliminate the worlds top assassin. Guess how that goes? I don't know if this is based on a comic book or not but it felt like a comic book movie. Also had a John Wick flavor to it. If you like films loaded with violence, a bit of sex and guns, guns, guns (C'mon Sal, the Tigers are playin', tonight) you could do worse a lot than Polar.