Battlestar Galactica: Season 4

Tools    

Well, it looks somewhat obvious that she is, so the reveal will probably be a bit anti-climatic. If she IS the last, really hope they don't drag it to end of the Season till it's clarified.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Wait, it does say 2008: The Final Season. Not 2009. Is this good news?? Or is that purposely unclear, as in "The Final Season (starts) in 2008"?

I realize that's Starbuck he's talking to when he says "You've been a cylon since the beginning," but perhaps we are missing context here. Perhaps what he's saying is part of a larger context in which he's saying something like, "And then I had to tell myself, 'You're a cylon, and you've been one since the beginning...'"

Or, "And then he said to me, 'You're a cylon, and you've been one since the beginning....'"

Or something like that.

I mean, how many times have TV show trailers done crap like that, right? Total misdirection? Gosh, the Lost trailers are INFAMOUS for doing this, on purpose!

Here's hoping there are twists....

And yes, that last line is just ... chilling.

Frack! Apparently, the start of the first season is being delayed until April. I remember when the season 3 finale ended, and I heard there wouldn't be any new episodes until January. That wasn't a nice feeling. But, I knew after a month or two it'd leave my thoughts a bit, and next thing you'd know, it'd be November. Well, that's exactly what happened. Unfortunately, they released this trailer, got me interested a couple months in advance...and then delayed it.

Here's the article.

The bright side: the item says that the second half of the season being delayed untul 2009 is "still up in the air." So, we can hope.

Lost in never never land
Dang it, I can't get that preview to play at my work. I have to wait until I get done with work to watch this, hopefully I don't forget, cause I don't think that I have seen it yet.

But on a side note, they are doing mini-clips of things during the Friday airings of Flash Gordon, so I don't know if those are up on youtube or in scifi.com or not, but if you haven't seen them, they are interesting to see. I've only seen one, maybe two, but the one that I did see was pretty sweet.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Lost in never never land
Also, remember that Battlestar Galactica: Razor is coming in November, so that is something to look forward to.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/razor/

Here is a link with info about it, and if you remove the /razor/ part from it you can see the little mini-things that they have been showing.

Also, on scifi.com I don't see anything about the season being pushed back anywhere.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I don't think that's the sort of thing a network rushes out to tell everyone. So it doesn't surprise me that it hasn't hit Scifi.com yet.

I know when HBO canceled Carnivale, I read it in about three other places before HBO finally owned up to it.

Here's an interview with Jamie Bamber they just posted today. And there's no mention of the final season getting pushed back to 2009 here either, so hopefully we'll get all 20 episodes that are coming during 2008.
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=44995

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Sci-Fi hasn't, nor will they likely, fess up the exact reason to the April and '09 delays, but to me it's pretty obvious why they're doing it.

Battlestar Galactica is really the only critically and commercially successful show on the network. They have Eureka, Ghost Hunters and Stargate, but they're very small fish compared to how widespread the acclaim is for BSG. Now that the producers have decided to end the show, Sci-Fi is left with a massive gap in its programming schedule.

Sci-Fi knows they MUST have a replacement show (or, perhaps multiple shows) of worthy hype to air the same night BSG ends and, as of right now, they're scrambling to find one. They just gave the green to a pilot from Jane Espenson, so that's good, but they've got a long ways to go before they invent a confident successor to BSG.

This April movie is appalling though. Sci-Fi has had a long standing abusive relationship with their fans. At least we know we're getting an ending, but even still this is barely better than the treatment they gave Farscape.

Lost in never never land
I would disagree a lot with OG- on some level. Stargate definitely has as large a following or larger following the BSG does. However, because SG1 is now over, they are trying to find a replacement for that currently, and they haven't done that yet. So that could be the reason they are trying to push it back. It might also coincide with the premiere of the new Stargate series that has been talked about. But I do agree that Eureka, which is gaining some, but still isn't that hugely successful, albeit a good show, and Ghost Hunters are no where near the level of SG1/Atlantis and BSG.

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
oh how far the Sci-Fi Channel has come... I remember being in college when it started up, and getting to see all sorts of reruns that I hadn't seen in years, or in some cases (like Dark Shadows) that I had never seen... or the silly B-grade movies that were still so fun to watch.

This preview is nuts, but stretched over a whole season I assume there will be plenty more surprises.

Coincidentally I always hated the "spoiler-montage" at the beginning of each episode. They do a pretty good job of misdirection, but gods dammit, I'm already watching the frackin' show. It seems unnecessary.

All the same I'm taking this clip with the same grain of salt.

Lost in never never land
Has anyone seen Razor yet? I wasn't able to see it the night that it aired, so I am hoping to watch it soon, if/when it is shown again. I was wondering though if it was a good beginning to the new season, which is still a ways away.

I saw it; it was decent. Definitely reminded me of why I love the show, but it didn't contain hoards in the way of plot development or revelation. Plenty of interesting character background, though.

The most important discoveries...

WARNING: "Razor" spoilers below
...first, that Admiral Cain was a lesbian, and was having an affair with "Gina" (IE: Six). This is the same one that the crew of Galactica found beaten and imprisoned when the two Battlestars found each other. She had been helping to implement a new security system, or something of the like.

The second, and more consequential revelation, came from one of the early "hybrids." It told a doomed crew member (who was subsequently unable to relay the information back to Galactica) that Kara had a destiny, but it was not the one she believed she had, and something about how she was going to lead them in the wrong direction. Seems pretty important, given the end of the clip above. Is she delusional or mistaken about her place in the grand scheme of things? Is someone or something manipulating her to bring this error about?

Other than all that, I suppose the most interesting parts were a) just how incredibly brutal and misguided Admiral Cain was at times, and b) some of Lee's struggles as he replaced her in commanding the Pegasus.

I was tempted to skip the movie for awhile, seeing as how there have been all sorts of delays. It feels pointless to start thinking about all these angles again, knowing that I'll just forget about it again over the next few months and have to revive my interest when the final season finally gets around to airing.

I was tempted to skip the movie for awhile, seeing as how there have been all sorts of delays. It feels pointless to start thinking about all these angles again, knowing that I'll just forget about it again over the next few months and have to revive my interest when the final season finally gets around to airing.
That may be why I haven't watched it yet, I taped it and it's sitting there looking at me but I just don't want to get all fired up for the show again just to have to wait several more months for more.