Movie Tab II

Tools    

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Life is Beautiful - 4.5/5 a comedy, despite the subject matter. I loved the look of this and Roberto Begnini is amazing.
oh no you don't missy...i want an explanation for the missing .5...

Requiem for a dream(Daren Arofonsky)-I feel strange after watching this movie.It was really good,amzaing performance of Elen Burnstyn at some moments I felt pitty for her and
WARNING: "Requiem for a dream" spoilers below
the end was so sad

there's a frog in my snake oil
Only Human - I'm no big fan of farce, but this one was a tour-de-force. I guess the Israeli-Palestinian conflict sitting in its Spanish heart helped a lot. Loved the political sparks in the final bathroom clash, but everything from the gun-toting Grandad to the multi-coloured relationship doubts and redemptive bouts was good.

As was the accusation of duck murder.

Welcome to the human race...
Fat Pizza - 8/10

The Aussie Dude Where's My Car? To quote Kevin Smith, "f*** you I dug it"

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
the price of kissing - late night 90's fun
Rumour Has It -shirley maclaine's still got it, aniston does a good job of it too
Harry Potter and the goblet of fire - best one yet
walk the line - fantastic, joaquin pheonix was amazing as the man in black

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Only You - i did like this one, but i found Tomei not to be as loveable as usual. a sweet story that pulled at my heartstrings no doubt!

Originally Posted by susan
there's another only you with andrew mccarthey, kelly preston and helen hunt...it's one of my guilty pleasures and i watch it every time they put it on
Yup, I prefer that Only You too. I have it on LaserDisc.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Equilibrium - 4/5
Batman Begins - 4/5
Garden State - 4/5
The Devil's Rejects - 3/5

there's a frog in my snake oil
Copenhagen - Yay, a TV dramatisation of a play about two physicists. Having quantum crisises. During WW2.

Excruciatingly badly done in places, and excruciatingly ambitious in others, but really interesting subject matter. If you want to know something about how the first nuclear arms race was won, and how it twisted up some of the individuals involved, then it's an involving peek through the looking glass.

On all other fronts, it's like being hit in the face with a manuscript.

Lets put a smile on that block
Marvins Room (Jerry Zaks, 1996) - I liked this. Although i was under the influence. I fear there was a bit too much shmaltz in some parts, but i love the shmaltz. Dicaprio is great playng his troubled teenager roles. And i loved the relationship between Diane Keaton and Meryl Streep's estranged sisters. The moment where Diane Keaton's character talks about the only man she has ever loved, choking and laughing at the same time was a brilliant moment. Laugh or cry? Hmmm.

The star of the movie is Gwen Verdon though. What a legend she is in this movie. I'd love someone like her to be around me.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Awesome; I F***ing shot that! - 5/5 The Beastie Boys gave members of the audience handheld cameras to shoot their 2004 concert at Madison Square Garden, and the resulting film is a blast. One of the most original (and funniest) concert movies in years. Look for a cameo by Ben Stiller dancing like a dork.

I read an artcle on that in Little White Lies magazine, sounds awsome. Well if you like the Beastie Boys that is.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Finding Neverland (2004 - Marc Forster)

Disappointing since I've heard almost only good things about it. It's got a Disney feel over it, doesn't it?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The Shawshank Redemption (Frank Darabont, 1994) Caught the second half of this. Seen it a trillion times before. Great stuff.