Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Opera (1987)

+

I had this on my watchlist for a couple of years after seeing it in one of Cici's threads. It's filmed awesome and I would say it's one of Argento's best. Great style, soundtrack, and kills.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
So does this mean you did like Old School or you didn't but won't say so?

Berberian Sound Studio -

folly artists
It's been awhile since I've seen it. I remember thinking it was funny at the time, but the female characters are severely lacking and are played up extremely dumb and simply fodder for male characters to dominate over. Early Will Ferrell before he become a parody of himself. Same goes for Vince Vaughn. A rewatch might increase, but would probably decrees my appreciation of it.

Piven does a great jerk though, almost as if he lives his actual life by those rules....

Suspect's Reviews

Snooze factor rating = Z

Snooze factor rating = Z

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Venom (2018)

CONVERSATIONS WITH A KILLER: THE TED BUNDY TAPES
(2019)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Welcome to the human race...
It's been awhile since I've seen it. I remember thinking it was funny at the time, but the female characters are severely lacking and are played up extremely dumb and simply fodder for male characters to dominate over. Early Will Ferrell before he become a parody of himself. Same goes for Vince Vaughn. A rematch might increase, but would probably decrees my appreciation of it.

Piven does a great jerk though, almost as if he lives his actual life by those rules....
It is so weird to see Vaughn in this after Brawl in Cell Block 99, that's for sure.

I think my opinion of it has improved ever-so-slightly from "one of the worst movies I've ever seen" to "generally sh*tty", though maybe that's because I've seen so many worse movies in the decade since I last watched this that it seems almost benign in comparison. Speaking of Piven, I'd certainly take this over the Entourage movie any day of the week.

Last movie watched...

The Pillow Book -

arty bullsh*t, but likeable arty bullsh*t

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Disagree on this one Ms. M. A slow-burner for sure but intriguing.

I really was trying not ot fall asleep, but I had to give up. Not my type of movie.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

4/5
I saw The Savages recently, which is very similar to The Meyerowitz Stories, but the second one is much better.

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
1408 (2007)
8.5/10
Great John Cusack film but I found the post office destruction scene a bit out of place in a film like this, in my mind it would've been cooler if there was a animated dream sequence

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
1408 (2007)
8.5/10
Great John Cusack film but I found the post office destruction scene a bit out of place in a film like this, in my mind it would've been cooler if there was a animated dream sequence
Then the GOTCHA moment wouldn't have worked. Seeing this in the theatre, there was an audible groan when he woke up on the beach, then people gasping when he went into the post office. I found it to be a great moment.

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
Then the GOTCHA moment wouldn't have worked. Seeing this in the theatre, there was an audible groan when he woke up on the beach, then people gasping when he went into the post office. I found it to be a great moment.
What I mean is everything else after he wakes up on the beach again be the same, but one night he goes to bed and then that triggers the dream sequence, it could be in John K style or something

Weird is relative.
Gave Roma the same rating. It was a very well done film, the story felt authentic and had enough consistent moments of tension to keep one interested, and the actors were good to the point where it felt like you were watching a documentary, but I just wasn't blown away.

I'm not saying any improvements could have been made (except maybe including more close-up shots); it just didn't strike the chord with me that it apparently did for everyone raving about it. I'm not disappointed though, it's still certainly worth the watch.

Snooze factor rating = Z

Snooze factor rating = Zzz

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it