Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Eden Lake (2008)

My second time watching it. I'm not in love with it but it's totally my kind of movie. For a movie of it's type, it's very well made with good performances. The characters do stupid things but that's on par for the genre. The musical score could have been better and more prominent. I love the ending but it should have played out a little longer. Excellent intensity and brutality.
Just watched it yesterday, the ending didn't sit with me right but apart from that it's a solid thriller.

Snooze factor rating = Z

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

The beat that my heart skipped (2005)

Took my time on getting around to more Jacques Audiard after "A Prophet".

Good story about a "tough" that has issues with wanting to get out of the low-level criminal life life (Rachmanism) and realise a paper dream of becoming a pianist which he had showed a youthful aptitude for. The realism in this movie is more due to the actors and direction rather than the story which is a little bit predictable. Romain Duris as Thomas is a very engaging character.

Good film, 7/10.

The Big Sleep (1946)

Jumanji - Welcome To The Jungle (2018)

Went into this expecting two things: It to suck and me to hate it. Verdict? I didn't despise it and it wasn't a suckfest. Listen by no means is this a good movie but it had some redeemable qualities about it. The biggest anchor this movie had weighing it down was attaching itself to the Jumanji name. If you think for a second I believed Alan Parrish lived in this candyland version of Jumanji you are off your rocker, as they eluded subtly in the film he did. Please. It's a major hurdle if you love the first one like me to get over. My enjoyment would have been much improved if it was just an original title not lazily piggy backing off Jumanji name. But whatever, movie business, I get it 🤮

The Good: I thought the main cast was damn charming and good. All 4 of them kept me engaged and entertained in the movie even after one cliche after another. The dynamic between the 4 major characters actually keeps your interest even though it's uninspiringly unoriginal. I can't deny it is brainless fun that kids will definitely like, specially if you haven't seen the first. The cast is definitely the best part.

The Bad: The Jonas kid. Yikes. Stick to singing. Good try I guess. His charcater was also dumb. Trying too hard to connect to the original. The villain is dumb. The story generaic and shallow. Some dialouge is roll your eyes worthy. Really not a good movie but the 4 leads really save it.

Listen if you haven't seen the first one and are 16 and younger you may love this movie. I can't deny it kept me entertained from it's cast but associating this with the original hurts my feelings and head. Anyways this has been way too long for a Jumanji 2 review.

I'd give it 2 1/2 out of 5....could have been a 3 if it was it's own entity.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

1st Re-watch...ran into it on TV last night...clever script, engaging performances (especially Giamatti as Santa) and that scene at Siblings Anonymous never gets old.

Merry Christmas!

WELCOME TO THE RILEY'S (2010) JAKE SCOTT

A troubled married couple finds a second chance battling to rescue a young 16-year-old prostitute that resemblances there dead 15-years old daughter. James Gandolfini, Melissa Leo and Kristen Stewart, hum, maybe the perfect casting. Always though Kristen had potencial for more then that werewolf crap.

Always though Kristen had potencial for more then that werewolf crap.

I love how vague and disinterested that sounds .

I love how vague and disinterested that sounds .
Thank you, I made a special effort.
Well I've never saw the movies actually, so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I believe is like taking in the rear, I might like it, but I'm not interested on trying, right now.