The Lighthouse

Tools    

Robert Eggers new movie - he's the dude who made that masterpiece called The Witch. Been in development for a while, but there was a interesting and slightly amusing article today about how Robert Pattinson almost punched Eggers in the face which compelled me to make a thread for it.

- Shot in black and white 35 mm
- Starring Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson
- "a fantasy horror story set in the world of old sea-faring myths.”
- Robert Pattinson almost punched Robert Eggers in the face

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/11...by-robert-patt

This might just do nobody any good.
I’d heard he’d be making a movie with Dafoe and I was hoping that meant he would reprise Nosferatu in Egger’s remake. I’m excited and hope this is as Lovecraftian as it sounds.

I’d heard he’d be making a movie with Dafoe and I was hoping that meant he would reprise Nosferatu in Egger’s remake. I’m excited and hope this is as Lovecraftian as it sounds.
That's a good idea! Maybe he'll do Nosferatu next. I was looking forward to that.

Welcome to the human race...
Consider me interested.

Also wonder if Eggers still plans on remaking Nosferatu.

This might just do nobody any good.
He talked about it being “the one after the next” and Anya Taylor-Joy’s been cast.

"How long have we been on this rock? 5 weeks? 2 days? help me to recollect"
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

<sigh> Why can't Eggers get a budget, basically The Lighthouse is an Ingmar Bergman film it's not as good looking as it could be, it's not as tightly paced as it should be, and it doesn't quite live up to the bar the Witch set. This is however a four star film and likely one of the most inspired horror films of the year.

I don't know if the film is going to make the cut for Oscars this year but Robert Pattison is amazing he really is the standout in the film. Defoe on the other hand is just merely good in a film that should be a versus type film of two stars we get a supporting performance from Defoe which takes away most of the third act impact.

So it's in my top five, I don't know if it's better or worse than US, we definitely have things to talk about.

It's not Midsommar or Suspira long but you might to make sure you get a little coffee before you see this.
Siddon one question for you: do you like The thing as much as i do?