Burt Reynolds has Died

Tools    

Well he was going to play George Spahn who was the old rancher that the Manson family lived off of. Harry Dean Stanton would have been perfect for the role.

Robert Duvall or James Caan would be my pick

George Spahn was bit of creep..James can suits him better than Duvall

This might just do nobody any good.
It’ll be Bruce Dern.

In any case, it feels kind of gross to be bringing up recasting. In this specific thread, at least.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I never knew he was the highest grossing actor from 78' to 84'ish. S&B made $300mil in back then monies.

I think the greatest complement I heard was about the general state of 70's movies. A lot of the big movies weren't great, but you went to watch a real star. Reynolds wasn't a great actor, but he had something no one else did. Je ne sais Burt. It was all personality and no one else but him could have done it.

How have they not remade Smokey and the Bandit? Talk about crack for kids. The chemistry between him and Sally Fields was THICK.

Burt was set to appear in Quentin Tarantino's new film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and his scenes were going to be shot within the next few weeks.

I wonder who Quentin will bring on now to replace him.

People are saying Robert Deniro.

I'm hoping it's Sylvester Stallone, considering Sly was a close friend of Burt's and that Quentin had always wanted to work with the Rocky star.

Previously, Quentin had Stallone in mind for parts in Pulp Fiction (as Butch Coolidge that was played by Bruce Willis), Jackie Brown (as Louis Gara that was played by Robert Deniro), and Death Proof (as Stuntman Mike that was played by Kurt Russell).
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I am so sorry that this is the first I am hearing of this...I cannot believe this. I grew up with Burt. A true survivor who made some classics and made his share of stinkers but he was never down and out for too long. I can't even recall how many times I've watched The Longest Yard and I still say he was robbed of an Oscar nomination for Starting Over. The end of an era

RIP Burt