Best deleted scenes you can't believe got deleted

Tools    

Have you ever come across a deleted scene on a DVD that made you wonder why the hell they cut that out of the movie?

Here are a few I can think of...

- The apocalyptic ending to The Army of Darkness

- The tsunami in The Abyss

- The school shower scene in Almost Famous, in the "untitled bootleg" version."I had pubes! I just... shaved them off!"

I must become Caligari..!
All the stuff that makes the film make sense in Blade Runner: Directors Cut

All the stuff that makes the film what it is in Brazil
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
The upside-down "spider walk" that is shown in The Exorcist: The Version You Haven't Seen.
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Originally Posted by Mark
The upside-down "spider walk" that is shown in The Exorcist: The Version You Haven't Seen.
No kidding man, that scene rocked!

Probably the dumbest cut I've ever seen in a movie is a scene in the Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers. It's where Helm's Deep is over, and Legolas *the shmuck that he is* walks over to Gimli *AWESOME!* who is sitting on a dead orc.

Legolas: "I got 42!"
Gimli: "I got 43!"
*Legolas shoots orc that Gimli is sitting on*
Legolas: "43,"
Gimli: "He was already dead!"
Legolas: "He was still twitching."
Gimli: "That's because I've got my axe imbedded in his NERVOUS SYSTEM!"
And found he was eating his shoe.

I am having a nervous breakdance
The scene in Thelma and Louise where Louise goes down on Thelma.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I ate all your bees.
Good Topic Jrs!

There are a few, The Exorcist scene should have been left in. Those Blade Runner scenes should not have been cut. Some of the Terminator 2 scenes should have been left in (i.e Switching the Chip), One scene from Die Hard that explains the shirt colour change. A lot of the stuff on the Alien 3 directors cut should have been left in. Oh and the Uber Jump Stallone did in Cliffhanger Vertical Limit just copied it!

"The apocalyptic ending to The Army of Darkness"-jrs

as much as i love seeing ash getting what's comin', i liked the s-mart finale better. hail to the king baby!

as for deleted scenes, pretty much anything in the lotr extended cuts should have been in theatres. i don't care if it tops out at 4 hours!

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
Originally Posted by Mark
with that do you mean the scene where she walks down the stairs in the "Bridge posistion" because I swear I have seen it in the theathers when it was re-released about 3 or 4 yrs ago.

Don't know if these consider reallly delated screnes but anything that is on the dvd for the lord of the rings including the extra scenes were wonderful!
It is a shame that they took it off!They were so enjoyable!also in Star wars extra scenes and extra ones that were so great that any star wars fan would love to see it not debated!
And so far that is it!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Delirious and deluded
I think that most of the deleted scenes in the LOtR movies were worthy of staying in. I was suprised they cut out the scene that revealed how old Aragorn really was.

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Terminator 2 contains 16 minutes of additional scenes never seen in theatres! Some of them should have been shown when the film hit the big screen back in 1991. Such as the scene where John and Sarah reset the Terminator's switch in order for the machine to learn more.

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

Its coming in the LOTR : ROTK Extended Edition

the scene where gandalf confronts the nazgul with king, ! why did PJ get rid of that

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Originally Posted by kaisersoze
with that do you mean the scene where she walks down the stairs in the "Bridge posistion" because I swear I have seen it in the theathers when it was re-released about 3 or 4 yrs ago.
Yes, I mean that scene. When it was re-released about 3 or 4 yrs ago, it was released as "the version you haven't seen" (a director's cut). The ending is also different than the original. The young priest is still alive and given last rites in the new version, which indicates he fought off the possesion. In the original, audiences assumed he was possessed and died while possessed.

I love 35mm ^_^
I think the counting scene between Legolas and Gimli should have stayed in Two Towers, as they are still counting in ROTK as well.

All the stuff in "Aliens" special edition was awesome, total character development there.

The alt theatrical ending in 28 Days Later was better than the first one, onyl because im one of those people who loves tragic endings to tragic movies such as that one.

All the scenes that were filmed in secret but never shown to anyone for the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions that make all the movies make sense, oh wait, those don't exist. (please don't get me wrong i LOVE all the Matrix movies.)

the complete uncut beginning to the Boondock Saints where they meet the lesbian chick, you can see it on the dvd, thats the funniest part in the whole movie.
anyone agree with me?

The shot in "Signs" that was left out that shows a dead bird with its head crushed in on the side of the road near the family's farm.

Also, I think they should have shown how Donnie really died in Donnie Darko, its one of the deleted scenes you can watch, its such a cool shot of the camera dollying past the plane engine that landed next to his bed, and he's in his bed sitting up, impaled by a two by four breathing very quick and shallow, im not one for gore but its a cool shot.

Arthur: If I asked you where the hell we were, would I regret it?
Ford: We're safe.
Arthur: Oh good.
Ford: We're in a small galley cabin in one of the spaceships of the Vogon Constructor Fleet.
Arthur: Ah, this is obviously some strange use of the word safe that I wasn't previously aware of.

Originally Posted by T-850
Terminator 2 contains 16 minutes of additional scenes never seen in theatres! Some of them should have been shown when the film hit the big screen back in 1991. Such as the scene where John and Sarah reset the Terminator's switch in order for the machine to learn more.
I also liked the scenes that showed that the new "beta" model terminator was beginning to malfunction. They completely cut that out in the final version.
-----
Although it's not actually a "deleted scene", the storyboards for the alternate ending of Seven looked AMAZING! Even though I loved Seven as it was, I wish they had went with the alternate ending...