Best David Fincher Movie?

Tools    

David Fincher doesn't classify Alien 3 as his own movie and its not great anyway..
I'm not sure what he meant by that. I mean he directed it, he should be held accountable for its supposed mediocrity.
Fincher said the studio forced him to change most scenes in the film.

Fight Club, hands down.

...... I didn't like Zodiac... THERE, I SAID IT!

Allow me to elaborate:

My primary problem with Zodiac is that the characters (or rather, the film's portrayal of real-life people) are so flat that the actors just fill in the roles with the same roles they play in every other movie. Robert Downey Jr is just being Robert Downey Jr, Mark Ruffalo is just being Mark Ruffalo.... There's no portrayal of personality in any of these performances, which really doesn't help Jake Gyllenhaal since he had yet to truly define himself as an actor by this point.

On top of that, as much as the movie keeps you hooked on to the mystery occurring, nothing really happens in the long run, and the overall payoff is disappointing, finding out that the answer to the so-called "mystery" was found out halfway through.

As much as I love Fincher, I gotta say that Zodiac was his most underwhelming flick.