The 6th Hall Of Fame

Tools    

Finally settled on a nomination! This time I am not going to play it safe... at least I don't think I am

If MovieGal is joining, she should be happy with this nomination! Anyways, I think I'll give it a rewatch tonight so I got the film fresh in my thoughts.

I can't decide. This is the first time I've done one of these general HoF. Does it have to be something worthy or can you choose something more lightweight that people might enjoy but not count amongst the greatest films of all time. I'm a bit put off by the fame aspect!

Go big or go home is my vote Christine. I don't think there is an exact answer to that, everyone plays it different. I pick a favorite that I think has a good chance of being broadly enjoyed. A lot of people go obscure though.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I can't decide. This is the first time I've done one of these general HoF. Does it have to be something worthy or can you choose something more lightweight that people might enjoy but not count amongst the greatest films of all time. I'm a bit put off by the fame aspect!

I've been trying to decide what movie to choose for this, and I still have no idea what to nominate. The only things I've decided is that:

1) I think it should be something that most people probably haven't seen yet, rather than something common that everyone already has an opinion about so they might not re-watch it.

And

2) I think it should be something thought-provoking so people can discuss it after watching it, rather than just giving an opinion, and quickly moving on to the next movie.

Go big or go home is my vote Christine. I don't think there is an exact answer to that, everyone plays it different. I pick a favorite that I think has a good chance of being broadly enjoyed. A lot of people go obscure though.
ok I've not gone lightweight

I haven't bumped this because it seems like everyone that wants to be in has seen it. You have till 6EST tomorrow to get in your nominations. I have 14 not including mine. I have already watched two, one of the benefits of being host.

Your nominations are up along with the dead line in the first post. We may have one more. Neiba sent a nomination but I had to ask him to send another because his nomination had just been nominated last round.

If you sent a write up, have no fear, I will put it in the first post of the individual threads I will be creating. Yoda gave us the okay for that. They will be in the ongoing tournaments section. The reason I decided to put your write ups there is because not everybody sent one, hope that is okay with everyone.

Hang tight for the threads. I have to go off line for a bit but will get them up tomorrow at the latest.

I've seen three of the nominated films, including my own - All Quiet On The Western Front (but I'll need to rewatch it as it's been awhile), Brokeback Mountain, and A Perfect World.

All Quiet (my nomination) is the only film I have seen.

Oh god, Rushmore? I have to watch another Wes Anderson film after hating Grand Budapest Hotel? Ugh....

Maybe I'll like, maybe I'll hate it even more than GBH. (That'll be hard as I gave it
)

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
A good pull this time. I've seen a good number of these, my favorites being Late Spring (obviously one of the greatest movies ever made), Ten (one of Kiarostami's greatest and most poilitical films), Sonatine (a very strange and relaxed gangster movie), and A Perfect World (one of Eastwood's best)

I won't be joining you with this whole school + living in a different country thing taking up too much of my time, but I'll be around for discussions of the films I've seen

Whoa, I thought for sure you had seen Woman in the Dunes, bluedeed.

I haven't seen many of these.

Das Boot, 3 times, last watch about 15 years ago.

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, 3 times, last watch about a year ago.

Foreign Correspondent, once almost 20 years ago.

Woman in the Dunes, once in December.

A Perfect World, once about 20 years ago.

The Sweet Hereafter, once about 10 years ago.

I've seen 9 of those and like them all - but The Sweet Hereafter, Das Boot and Woman in the Dunes (along with my own nomination) are the ones I love.

Looking forward to seeing Ten the most of the others and it is a timely nomination because it will be 10th Kiarostami film

I've seen Foreign Correspondent, Raise the Red Lantern, and Rushmore out of these. I watched Foreign Correspondent recently and enjoyed it, and the other two were both movies I was planning on rewatching because i don't think I got as much out of them as I could have the first time around.

I'm especially excited for Ten, because the four other Kiarostami films I've seen were masterpieces. Also am looking forward to Late Spring, A Perfect World, Sonatine, and The Sweet Hereafter.