Hurricane Irma

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Well, here if it's a utilities' issue such as a downed tree over a power line, they will usually clear that. But if it's just a tree that fell over in my back yard, plumbing back up (unless it's due to city lines breaking), flooding of my floors, or my trash can knocked over spreading debris through my yard, that's all on me.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Well, here if it's a utilities' issue such as a downed tree over a power line, they will usually clear that. But if it's just a tree that fell over in my back yard, plumbing back up (unless it's due to city lines breaking), flooding of my floors, or my trash can knocked over spreading debris through my yard, that's all on me.
Bloody hell. What about insurance? Trash can I can understand but not the other cleanups.

Bloody hell. What about insurance? Trash can I can understand but not the other cleanups.

Yeah, depending on your coverages of course. I just mean, that might not be government as lead. On me, or assisted by insurance should I have the proper coverages.

If my home owner's policy has flood insurance attached, then I'm out whatever my deductible is. Roof damage would be the same, short of the deductible. Depending on where you live, flood coverage may not be an option, or considerably higher than normal, due to location to coast or waterfront type properties. Every state has different laws and regulations for insurance though so it's hard to say. Just speaking from my experience.

If a tree goes down, and does no damage then I can go out with a chainsaw or hire someone out of pocket.

If a tree goes down, and does no damage then I can go out with a chainsaw or hire someone out of pocket.
You have people living in your pockets
Kewl!!

Flood zones here are exempt from claiming, but that doesnt include water frontages I dont think. Trees down are covered by council, although maybe only in the front yard overhanging council verge and powerlines because they have to keep those branches maintained. I need to check this because I have some massive trees in my backyard..

You have people living in your pockets
Kewl!!

rofl. I forget who's American and who's not familiar with our southern slang down here

Cash out-of-pocket, rather than through insurance. hahaha. Sorry about that Unless you are just messing with me playing with my words. If that's the case, then that was awesome!!!!

=D

rofl. I forget who's American and who's not familiar with our southern slang down here

Cash out-of-pocket, rather than through insurance. hahaha. Sorry about that Unless you are just messing with me playing with my words. If that's the case, then that was awesome!!!!

=D
He's messing with you. Tragedy needs the chyp off the old block to bring a smile to our dial

Flood zones here are exempt from claiming, but that doesnt include water frontages I dont think. Trees down are covered by council, although maybe only in the front yard overhanging council verge and powerlines because they have to keep those branches maintained. I need to check this because I have some massive trees in my backyard..
I live out in the county/farm land areas. Power utilities do come out once a year to trim back tree lines near above-ground power lines, to keep them safe. That's not at my expense directly, as I imagine it's factored into my monthly electric bill and invisible to me as a consumer. Cities have different regulations. Even more so, neighborhood organizations may have some community monthly dues to help with general maintenance and lawn care that might be more preemptive on all that.

Still though, I'm not sure I know anyone that has general tree service just by owning a home or property, with the noted exceptions of a tree hitting a line or landing in a road. Maybe some on the higher-end neighborhoods might include that in their association fees or something. I live next to cows though. We wouldn't know 'bout them thar folk. *spits while chawing down on my hay straw*

I love cows. Poor things out in this weather.

No I mean it. Out in flood water being washed over barb wire fencing. Heartbreaking.

Ugh lol. When I read that I just pictures a lone, stupid cow standing out in the rain all confused. Now I feel horrible!!

Lol it's OK. We see it here with livestock. Poor sheeple crowded on a tiny patch of high grass.

Sheeple is a word. Not affected by auto-correct. How nifty is that.

I hope everyone is doing fine in Florida.

We haven't heard from ClaireoftheMoon. She's in FL & hasn't posted for many hours.

We haven't heard from ClaireoftheMoon. She's in FL & hasn't posted for many hours.
I hope it's only a power cut. Prayers for all Floridicilitirians, ClaireoftheMoon and Tongo included.

Glad to hear most everyone is safe and I'm sure those not checking in are just without power or service. My daughters house made it fine but her neighborhood is isolated because of flooding and there us no power expected for at least a week so she us glad to be here with us. The Keys are looking pretty bad and Miami needs to do something with cranes the next time around.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
still no power @ my house. utilities commission has been keeping us updated but there's been an issue with getting Nsb beachside (where I reside) restored.