They're Dreadful But I Just Can't Stop Watching Them: Top 50

→ in
Tools    

I hate John Cena as a wrestler. I hate John Cena as an actor. I hate John Cena as a marine.

Battleship is a fun game, but the movie is truly dreadful, so I guess it fits this thread's requirement.

Wild Things is trashy, sweaty, swampy fun. I enjoyed it, and not just because of the aforementioned lesbian scene.

19. Red Heat

Schwarzenegger fighting bodybuilders in Russian saunas, what more could you ask for?

18. Alien Resurrection

Bad for you but dangerously addictive, like beer really.

17. Lake Placid

Bridget Fonda extrudes sexual innuendo just by looking at the camera, plus a big crocodile.

Master of My Domain
Red Heat looks awesome. I'm gonna add it to my watchlist.

Not interested in the other two, maybe I'll watch Lake Placid but I doubt it. Or persuade me to do so.

Red Heat looks awesome. I'm gonna add it to my watchlist.

Not interested in the other two, maybe I'll watch Lake Placid but I doubt it. Or persuade me to do so.
Lake Placid has at least two sequels, so its got to be good...doesn't it?

While I should love it, I only kinda like it. Surely that should be enough for you to at least give it a go? However, I think Red Heat is genuinely decent, so you might want to stay away from that.

16. Judge Dredd

Super cheese!

15. Demolition Man

Stallone and Snipes - enough said.

14.Scary Movie

This film ruined Scream in a very entertaining way.

Thumbs up for Alien Resurrection and Lake Placid!

Though I'm one of those who defend Resurrection for being a genuinely good film and great continuation of the Alien-franchise. Been a while since I've seen it though.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Really fun list you've got going Slob. To be honest it's very tough to go wrong when you've got such a strong Stallone presence.

Some of my favourites so far would be Dante's Peak, The Day After Tomorrow, Kindergarten Cop, Tango and Cash and Lake Placid. I also like Red Heat and Trespass but haven't seen either in a long time. Scary Movie I really liked when it originally came out but that's when I was a dumb and horny 13-year-old and am unsure what I'd think of it today. And for all the crap it gets I actually found Judge Dredd to be rather fun in an cheesy, awful kind of way.

Best film by a considerable distance though is Demolition Man. There's no guilt in that one, that film just quite simply rocks.

14. Stigmata

Complete nonsense, but I just can't stay away.

13. Suburban Commando

A shocking mess of a film - a truly guilty pleasure.

12. Speed 2: Cruise Control

It's just a fun action film that always on late night TV. I think I've only seen it once while sober.

Still laughing at those obvious miniture model set pieces being smashed at the end of Speed 2. How bad must that have been watching it on the big screen lol.

Don't really like rating movies like that, but if I absolutely had to choose, I think I'd go with Suburban Commando as the absolute worst movie I've ever had a displeasure of watching. Hated Hulk Hogan, hated the kids, hated the pranks, hated the...yeah ok, you get it.

Majority of Stallone and Schwarzenegger movies are enjoyable to at least some extent, though, no matter how silly and self-indulging they may be. All the above included.

And Scary Movie is hilarious. Actually, I laughed my ass off to at least couple of scenes in every Scary Movie, even though it went steadily downhill after the 1st one.