They're Dreadful But I Just Can't Stop Watching Them: Top 50

→ in
Tools    

Yes, boredom has taken over me again and it's time for another chart. This time my top 50 guilty pleasures I just can't stop watching over and over and over...well ..you get the idea.

50. Dantes Peak

This masterpiece was part of the late 90s disaster film phase, in which we see Pierce Brosnan play a smiley cheese ball, hell bent on looking butch, saving the day and tapping Linda Hamilton's volcano.
I'm in the middle of my own guilty pleasure list, I hope you check it out.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I like all the films you've posted except Skyline. Sooooooo bad.

Suspect's Reviews

43. Street Fighter

It's a film based on a video game, enough said.

42. Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Same as above.

41. Kindergarten Cop

It's Arnie at his finest, a truly Oscar winning performance.

Kindergarten Cop is a great guilty pleasure. Possibly the best of the Arnie guilty pleasures after Commando.

I've only seen the first two Resident Evil films and each only once, but I think I preferred the second to the first.

40. Sucker Punch

Emily Browning in that outfit!

39. Tank Girl

Colorful, silly and Lori Petty kisses Naomi Watts.

38. Deep Blue Sea

Sharks, Samuel L. Jackson, LL Cool J, and attractive women in wet suites, what more could you ask for?

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Some of these movies could make my top favourites . Volcano, Dantes Peak, Fast and Furious, and Species are awesome.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

37. Road Trip

Silly teen movie, but I just can't help myself.

36. Terminator Salvation

It's Terminator ... that's about really.

35. The Postman

Much like Waterworld, this was a sci-fi blockbuster flop. Again, there's something addictive about it.

...saving the day and tapping Linda Hamilton's volcano.
Heh, heh, I see what you did there.

As for "guilty pleasures," personally, I have none. If I like it, I like it, but proudly defend anyone's right to have guilty pleasures. There are movies on this list that I love for pure entertainment value and some are even on my DVD shelves. I will not hide them if someone walks in and starts perusing the DVDs.

The only movie on this list that I will say that I dislike is The Haunting remake. I agree that the cast and their chemistry is what made me think this movie would work but, at some point Steven Spielberg, who was an uncredited executive producer on this,---I feel that he stuck his hands in near the end with his familiar "kid empowerment" motif, ala what happens with Lili Taylor and, ahem, the kids. Too corny.

Still, great list with some really enjoyable movies. I still haven't seen some, like Street Fighter. Does Jean Claude do his famous "jumping split kick" in this without rupturing something?

34. Halloween H20

The Film that launched Joss Hartnett's career...

33. AVP

Paul Anderson's at his imperial best with this masterpiece. I've probably watched it more times than Predator now.

32. The Day After Tomorrow

Silly climate change propaganda, disaster popcorn movie fun.

Good honest list here Slob. Deep Blue Sea is a Saturday afternoon regular with my wife and I; definite guilty pleasure material because it shamelessly mashes Jaws with The Poseidon Adventure, Sam Jackson gets eaten half way through, and the sharks are borderline-ropey C.G.I. Entertaining trash at it's finest or worst depending on one's taste. I almost repped your Halloween H20 post before spotting AVP below At least you owned up though...for shame. Never really liked the Tank Girl adaptation despite being a fan of Jamie Hewlett's creations before Gorillaz made him an even bigger star. The film just doesn't work for me, but I can see why it has a cult following. Ice T as a mutant Kangaroo for one. Horrible. Species is suitably awful but has some decent scenes and a great cast. I especially like the 'controlled' lab experiment when the alien slime starts evolving too fast.

I'm not sure if it's just the area where I live, but The Day After Tomorrow is on at least every other day. It's even more ridiculous that I'll watch and enjoy it...

I really liked Sucker Punch and Fast and the Furious was pretty good. Also seen AVP, Deep Blue Sea, Day After Tomorrow, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Urban Legend, and Halloween H20 and thought they were all just okay.