They're Dreadful But I Just Can't Stop Watching Them: Top 50

→ in
Tools    

Yes, boredom has taken over me again and it's time for another chart. This time my top 50 guilty pleasures I just can't stop watching over and over and over...well ..you get the idea.

50. Dantes Peak

This masterpiece was part of the late 90s disaster film phase, in which we see Pierce Brosnan play a smiley cheese ball, hell bent on looking butch, saving the day and tapping Linda Hamilton's volcano.

49. Species

This films only saving grace is the design work by H.R. Giger and the star studded cast. Other than that it's completely preposterous, just a late night adolescent wrist exerciser.

48. Volcano

Another 90s disaster film that I just can't stop watching. Whenever it's on TV, no matter how drunk I am, I will always watch all of it.

I used to love Dante's Peak, never cared much for Volcano or Species though.

Never knew Giger did the designs for Species. Will have to check it out now.

47. The Haunting (remake)

Completely inferior to the original in every possible way, but it's just the screen chemistry between Liam Neeson, Catherine Zeta Jones and Owen Wilson that just makes this film so re-watchable for me...

I liked Species II mainly for Justin Lazard.

He's naked in it.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	justinlazard.jpg
Views:	4060
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	20433  

I like your graphics, Sci-Fi Slob. You should do the graphics for a Countdown or something here.

Master of My Domain
Woohoo 90s disaster movies. Love em' all, but I'm kind of mixed about Dante's Peak. But still +rep

The Haunting has all the elements of a 'so-bad-it's-good' sub-genre I like.

Never heard of Species.

You nailed it with Dante's Peak, Species, and Volcano-fun movies that I've seen multiple times. Those are movies that I'd rather rewatch than others that even I would say are better.

Haven't seen The Haunting remake.

46. The Fast and the Furious

To boy racers it's a masterpiece, but to anyone else it's just a ridiculous. I just can't stop watching it though. I've never really been into cars, so that doesn't explain it..I just don't know there's just something about Paul Walker and Vin Diesels on-screen chemistry that just does it for me...

45. Skyline

The silliest sci-fi of the last ten years, with the most annoying actor of all-time (Eric Balfour), but whenever it appears on late night TV, I just can't stop myself. The same goes for Battle L.A..

I watched The Fast and The Furious back in 7th grade with a group of class mates, I was the only one of the girls who was interested in watching it.

I do want to watch Urban Legend.