Fantasy Football Trading Block

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I don't think the guy has much value, to be honest. I don't think people wish to watch their QB lurch and putter around the field, gunslinging interceptions all year.

Meanwhile, my first round pick is in for an MRI on his leg today...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Are you just looking for another QB, or any position?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

A system of cells interlinked
Who...me? I am set with my line-up until about week 3, I would think. I want to give these guys a chance to get fired up and start playing real games. I have two solid QBs, methinks..

I'm largely taking the same approach as Seds here; see what I have for a week or two, most likely, unless something really solid comes along. We've all got at least one starter spot (in my case, it's more like 2 or 3) that could shake out a number of different ways.

Slug hasn't been around for awhile so I cancelled the trade offer there. In all likelihood I'll be making someone an offer soon. Lots of reasonable trade combinations floating around right now.

I don't think the guy has much value, to be honest. I don't think people wish to watch their QB lurch and putter around the field, gunslinging interceptions all year.
Favre was a great QB last year with the Jets. Fantasy wise he delivered too, My reasoning why he'll be good again is Minnesota is a deeper team, and anybody as their QB will deliver. Favre moreso. I know he plays ugly with interceptions but he's a winner, and always has been. All those things you and I said could be said about Kurt Warner too.

Powdered Water I sent an offer too you. If not interested please make counteroffer. No Im not offering Favre

No can do buddy. I drafted him for a reason, I can't wait to see how he shakes out. Especially if he stays healthy.

Pete and Spudracer are two different people. Spud is the Tateraters (c'mon, wasn't that obvious?) and Pete, assuming I'm not confused about his name again, is the Beantown Champs.

Pete and Spudracer are two different people. Spud is the Tateraters (c'mon, wasn't that obvious?) and Pete, assuming I'm not confused about his name again, is the Beantown Champs.
yeah Spud and Tater...whodathunkit! I wish there was a list of all the managers teams and forum names cause not all are obvious like me, PW, Slug, etc..

Ok Whoever is Mikey/Da Bears I sent an offer. I feel like a general manager about to lose his job!

yeah Spud and Tater...whodathunkit! I wish there was a list of all the managers teams and forum names
There is. Admittedly, it's under the cryptic title "MoFo Fantasy Football '09 - Owner List, Rule Changes, & Draft Time" and you only posted in there about a dozen times.

By the by, since I have the highest waiver priority there's no risk in saying that I'll be picking up Jonathan Stewart. Was pretty surprised to see you drop him, TONGO. Certainly a risk, but with way more upside than your average bench player, and given my needs at RB, I'll take all the upside I can get. He's insisting he'll play in week 1, too, and given how much Carolina runs the ball he's worth a flex start even as the Panthers' #2 back.

By the by, since I have the highest waiver priority there's no risk in saying that I'll be picking up Jonathan Stewart. Was pretty surprised to see you drop him, TONGO. Certainly a risk, but with way more upside than your average bench player, and given my needs at RB, I'll take all the upside I can get. He's insisting he'll play in week 1, too, and given how much Carolina runs the ball he's worth a flex start even as the Panthers' #2 back.
Yeah but I have a feeling Bush will do good things with the Raiders. Also Stewart has a nagging injury thats too severe to be taking a chance with imo.

Well, the comparison with any adding/dropping scenario is that guy compared to the worst player on your team. Bush may be great, but even if you're completely convinced of that (and he's got a couple of guys in Oakland he's gonna have to fight for playing time), the question then becomes "Is Jonathan Stewart better to have than Mewelde Moore, or Nate Burleson?" Or a second defense (Cleveland), in your case.

I'm far from convinced he'll even be in my starting lineup for the majority of games, but he had 10 TDs and almost 900 total yards last year even as Carolina's #2 back, and he was a rookie playing behind a guy having the career year to end all career years. I'm sure you're aware of his upside, because you took him in the fourth round (!).

Carolina's going to run a ton again this year, and those TD numbers can't be that flukey, because D. Williams ran for 18 TDs himself. It's a nagging injury, but that also means it's not a terribly serious one right now.

Anyway, just explaining my thought process. I'm glad to take him off your hands.

That being said I was also pretty surprised TONGO dropped him. Smart play is to at least keep him until a few weeks into the season. Waiver wire steals are going to be tougher this year and it appears to me that you may have very well made the first good to potentially great claim of the year.

That being said I was also pretty surprised TONGO dropped him. Smart play is to at least keep him until a few weeks into the season. Waiver wire steals are going to be tougher this year and it appears to me that you may have very well made the first good to potentially great claim of the year.
Damn well I hope not! Stewarts projected points for Week 1 were under 4. It was like 3.56 or something. OI! I just checked it and it went up too 6.26! Is that possible to happen in one day?! Also if in week one hes as injured as many are halfway thru the year.....aw fug it. It was just a hunch ok. I got very familiar with the waiver wire last year, and alot I went off performance regardless of no name value (Roddy White), and hunches. I just didnt have a good feeling regarding Jonathan Stewart is all. If he becomes the next Adrian Peterson youve my permission to put this post in your sig.

Well, I just made a tough trade offer. Not nuts about it, but given the composition of my roster it makes sense.
What timing. I just got done sending an offer to Mikey thats ridiculously good for him, and Im taking a nervous gamble too. I offered him Roddy White & Lendale White for Clinton Portis and Cadillac Williams. Im so confident he'll take it Im making the offer public (plus I just told Piledriver ).