Stunning Pictures of the World

Tools    

Great shot, spookie. Looks like one from a travel magazine.

Elephants and speedboats and cable cars- my oh my - you must be an adventurous soul.

Great shot, spookie. Looks like one from a travel magazine.

Elephants and speedboats and cable cars- my oh my - you must be an adventurous soul.
I have always had the wanderlust LL. Not able to afford all I wanted to see tho.

What the ..... pic has vanished as I had to resize it. What is the point of providing half a service EZGIF?

Beautiful scene spookie, Austria again? and I enjoyed the time lapse eclipsing moon also ( though I've seen several of those copper- red eclipsed moons here in the states. )

Spookie I do wish you'd find a way to keep your pics permanently posted here - wonder why it's happening now? They're all disappearing like morning dew.

I am guessing Norway. You never made your way to my new Nostalgia thread. So I have closed it. Some pics dont last because for some reason my personal computer pics are too large for this forum so I have to resize them and evidently they have a limited use?????

Beautiful scene spookie, Austria again? and I enjoyed the time lapse eclipsing moon also ( though I've seen several of those copper- red eclipsed moons here in the states. )

Spookie I do wish you'd find a way to keep your pics permanently posted here - wonder why it's happening now? They're all disappearing like morning dew.
I asked you to watch the red moon clip as you have never seen Sydney Harbor live LL. Also you do show an interest in my country which I find pleasing from a American.

While reading about the beginning of photography on another thread, I was reminded of another one of my favorite photographers, Eugene Atget. , He documented Paris at the end of the 1800's. At the time, Paris was undergoing a grand spurt of modernization, and Atget, drawn to the elegant streets, buildings, fountains and staircases of 'old Paris' , sought to preserve the memories of a genteel architecture he thought was disappearing. He was often found photographing the empty Parisian avenues in early morning, using long exposures in a large format camera. Though he ( modestly) thought of himself as a mere reporter; most of those who saw his photographs knew him to be an artist.

While reading about the beginning of photography on another thread, I was reminded of another one of my favorite photograohers, Eugene Atget. , He documented Paris at the end of the 1800's. At the time, Paris was undergoing a grand spurt of modernization, and Atget, drawn to the elegant streets, buildings, fountains and staircases of 'old Paris' , sought to preserve the memories of a genteel architecture he thought was disappearing. He was often found photographing the empty Parisian avenues in early morning, using long exposures in a large format camera. Though he ( modestly) thought of himself as a mere reporter; most of those who saw his photographs knew him to be an artist.
Amazing clarity for its day LL. Obviously a man of feeling and love of beauty. @lenslady.

A perceptive statement, spookie. Here's a few more ( I' m a little slow posting but will do it one by one.

He also photographed interiors :

And street scenes, here's a window of a shoppe

He thought these people were worthy of his camera, perhaps he felt that these street musicians would disappear:- thankfully we still have buskers, though nowadays we don't see an organ grinder who accompanies the street singer :

He was drawn to the fountains:

And - final post for the day- he was drawn , as are his followers, to the meditative mystical views of scenes like this:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	47656  

I love Atget.

And - final post for the day- he was drawn , as are his followers, to the meditative mystical views of scenes like this:

LL you should start a Photography thread.