Re93animator's Music Thread

Tools    

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to take leave from making music for a while. I have inner-ear problems that have made it very difficult recently, but I do still have a pretty big back catalogue of stuff that I'd like to share...

The following is an album that I spent much of 2019 working on, but withheld out of dissatisfaction. It was supposed to be a nostalgic throwback to cheap, campy TV show & B-movie keyboard soundtracks of the late 80s/early 90s, with a big bad interplanetary science fiction narrative attached (the remnants of which are in the poem on Bandcamp).

I lost interest toward the end, and am largely disappointed with the result, but I thought it was too much work not to share on some level. Just some youtube and bandcamp uploads. I think it's about 60 mins total.

Bandcamp link

... and some outtakes (tracks 1-9)

I'm trying to get something on spotify & the like in the near future, but don't want this to be the catalyst. I aim to put up an EP as well as my first metal/rock album sooner than later.

Mission accomplished. Cannibals of the Cosmos gives me exactly that vibe. I can easily picture it being in some 80's horror/scifi flick .

Sorry to hear about your current situation, hope it improves soon. I went through different ways of wording this, it's the best I can do. Consolation isn't my strong suit. Just get better, fool!

Mission accomplished. Cannibals of the Cosmos gives me exactly that vibe. I can easily picture it being in some 80's horror/scifi flick .

Sorry to hear about your current situation, hope it improves soon. I went through different ways of wording this, it's the best I can do. Consolation isn't my strong suit. Just get better, fool!
Hey. I never properly thanked you for this post. I too have trouble figuring out what to write without sounding too wooden, but I appreciate the kind words. Sincerely.

... and my first Spotify release. Zero marketing went into it, so it's mainly a vanity project, but here it is. It's the Insect duo that I posted a while ago, with an added track called Mesenteron.

Bug sounds with messy beats and enough panning to simulate spinning in an office chair for 10 minutes:
Spotify
Bandcamp
Youtube
... it's also on a plethora of other services that I've never heard of. Itunes was the only one that fell through for some reason.

Next up will be The Sumerian Death Pits of Yore. Here's a look at the artwork so far. I'll post a track soon.

Here are a couple of tracks from the metal album I've completed. I'll have to wait for copyright to clear before posting the rest.

Hell's Lower Intestines is one of the more proggy songs I've made.
https://soundcloud.com/wtfom/hells-l.../s-N4o7dftxptj

X Shaman may be one of the more inaccessible ones? I've lost all objectivity. Started as an attempt at hardcore punk and devolved into outer space didgideridoo-noise rock.
https://soundcloud.com/wtfom/x-shaman/s-RMADqO2KaUp

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Funny you bring this up. last week (or was it longer ago?) I added you and McC to my Spotify artist library. I was scrolling through last night and saw you both on my list, on the same screen. You both are in good company. If you get stats, I'm that one guy in Alabama.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I'm aiming to publish my cacophonic metal-ish album on June 5th. I have a Cyberpunk yarn waiting in the wings after that. A taste of the former:

I just logged into my OneRPM account for the first time in a few months, and see I have a balance of $0.07 from streams.

Oh yeah, these are nice. I love the way "The Rot" picks up at 1:04. That melody...

Consider the 5th of June marked on the calendar! Yeah, I still use a paper calendar.

Now for that Cyberpunk album.

Oh yeah, these are nice. I love the way "The Rot" picks up at 1:04. That melody...

Consider the 5th of June marked on the calendar! Yeah, I still use a paper calendar.

Now for that Cyberpunk album.
Thank you. I'm completely desensitized to that track, so any feedback helps.

Here's the one I was trying to share with you before. A slow starter.

The rest of what I got is quite a bit weirder and more... cyber-y.

Thank you. I'm completely desensitized to that track, so any feedback helps.

Here's the one I was trying to share with you before. A slow starter.

The rest of what I got is quite a bit weirder and more... cyber-y.
This is giving me David Wise vibes. I can picture it being in a video game. I dig.

Here's my album. I'm still waiting for approval on Spotify and the like, but it'll probably be on other services soon. I'll put up more links and outtakes when ready. Noisy industrial metal with some spaghetti western, prog, and doom-y influence.

Bandcamp link:
https://featuresofman.bandcamp.com/a...h-pits-of-yore

Here's my album. I'm still waiting for approval on Spotify and the like, but it'll probably be on other services soon. I'll put up more links and outtakes when ready. Noisy industrial metal with some spaghetti western, prog, and doom-y influence.

Bandcamp link:
When that spotify approval goes through...

Hey, I downloaded it but want to listen to it through the Bandcamp app. It's not on there though, even though it's online when I check on my laptop. Do you know why that might be? Is there is an option on your end to allow listening through the app?

Excited!!!

Hey, I downloaded it but want to listen to it through the Bandcamp app. It's not on there though, even though it's online when I check on my laptop. Do you know why that might be? Is there is an option on your end to allow listening through the app?

Excited!!!
I'm not sure, but the optional payment box on my page said something about streaming, so I enabled it and it now says that it can stream via the app. Hope that works. It's still pending approval on other services.

Thanks!

Just finishing up the album now. I love your voice/style. The whole Cronenberg body horror meets Lovecraft meets doom metal vibe is hard to resist. My favorite thing about the album was the guitar work, dirty as hell and really powerful. I think I wanted some more musical ideas from that territory. You also have a knack for keeping things really organic, which is a great musical trait.

You ready? You look ready.
Bloodshot Slugs in the Tarman is my favorite off that album.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Bloodshot Slugs in the Tarman is my favorite off that album.
Thank you. One of the first I made. I'm aiming to make more like it in the future.

... and here are the outtakes (tracks 1-8). I didn't want another ~20 song album, so I nixed a lot that I liked, but it was like pulling teeth:
Bandcamp

The album is now on most streaming services (exception being iTunes):
Spotify
Youtube

Just finishing up the album now. I love your voice/style. The whole Cronenberg body horror meets Lovecraft meets doom metal vibe is hard to resist. My favorite thing about the album was the guitar work, dirty as hell and really powerful. I think I wanted some more musical ideas from that territory. You also have a knack for keeping things really organic, which is a great musical trait.
Thank you man. You're an inspiration for the 'organic.' I wish you'd share more of your music with the kind folk of MoFo.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

Bandcamp link:
Finally getting to listen to this. Grats on getting it up on Spotify btw. I can stream the hell out of this. I'm currently on The Rot. LOVE the arpeggiating synth against those guitars. Your production is spot on as far as I can hear in these first few tracks.

I'm curious if you had any visuals in mind while writing this? It feels very much like a soundtrack to something. As another noted earlier, it is very organic. I really need to hear this over video now. It just begs to be used.