Next Countdown: decade, or something else?

Tools    

What kind of countdown should we do next?
48.28%
28 votes
Decades List (2000s, 2010s)
51.72%
30 votes
Anything Else (Comedies, Noir, Foreign, etc.)
58 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I would really like the margin to be like three or more before closing later this week. But that might not be possible.

I didn't even know it had been up for a week, and I come here multiple times a day... Maybe others don't, either?

I mean, I'm sure they don't, but there's only so much you can do. It's got a bunch of pages which means it's showed up in Now Playing over and over, and in New Posts over and over, and I linked it from other relevant threads, and a couple of times in The Shoutbox, too. I imagine anyone who browses regularly must've seen it several times and just skimmed past it.

It's a truism among site owners/designers that things can be right in front of people and they still won't see them, but there's not usually a lot you can do about it.

I would really like the margin to be like three or more before closing later this week. But that might not be possible.
Might as well close it now since we have a winner , quick before genre ties it up and gains another vote afterwards

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

I didn't even know it had been up for a week, and I come here multiple times a day... Maybe others don't, either?
I've been posting on this thread which helps keep it active and in plain sight of the Now Playing side bar and the New Post link. How could you not have seen it?

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to shame anyone for this, I'm just saying this is an impossible thing to really combat. I've had people ask where the Oscar chat is the day of, and you guys have seen how massive that header is, and on every page of the site!

It's often like "banner blindness," that thing that makes us scroll past things we don't "expect" to be interested in. There's a lot of information everywhere and people compensate by ignoring some of it, often without consciously realizing it. It's just a fact of website-ing.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
My quick-link is the "New Posts" and sometimes they'll only go back an hour or so, despite me not being on an entire day. Sometimes not. I can't explain it.

My quick-link is the "New Posts" and sometimes they'll only go back an hour or so, despite me not being on an entire day. Sometimes not. I can't explain it.
That's cool, I use the New Post too, so I can understand that. I guess I've missed many threads in the past as well. I've just been living here on this one so it seems so important to me at the moment.

Maybe a banner would help? even just for a few days.

I just hate to see the poll stuck at a tie (or near tie)

That...doesn't sound right. Really should report things like this!

PM me if you want to debug. I assume there's some unusualness with the "stay logged in" checkbox or something.

Haha! Hopefully “anything else” pulls it off, because a noir countdown would be fun.
A Noir countdown would be awesome. Though I kinda hoped it would be Foreign Language as I wouldn't mind hosting a Noir Countdown at a later date. Right now I'm way too busy to host one.

When do we storm Yoda's house to stop the steal?

Stop the Steal! Stop the Steal! Stop the Steal!

Yoda, I have an idea...You could pick a specific date and exact time for the poll to close. Much like ending a poker game at the stroke of midnight, that way no one can complain that the poll was ended while their favorite choice was behind. In case of a tie you can flip a coin, say heads genre wins, tails decades win.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I'm sure that whoever cast the tying vote would be strongly against a coin-flip. A runoff is the only option.

@Yoda - what do you say who ever makes it to 30, wins? since there both 3 points away to 30. The second poll is gonna matter the most anyways js