Jacob's Ladder remake

Tools    

THE GOOD ONES DON'T NEED REMAKES, it's the BAD ONES, and the ONES THAT SUFFERED THE CENSOR'S KNIVES.
This is my opinion as well. Remake the films that had good ideas but for one reason or another failed to realize them. Like The Child would be a perfect candidate for a remake.

The truth is in here
Remaking Jacob's Ladder is quite possibly the most baffling idea yet. A movie so full of imagination and so technically accomplished really leaves no room for things to be "fixed". Adrian Lyne had a vision and he ran with it. The visual style of Jacob's Ladder is one that CANNOT be recreated by some director-for-hire, and it has NO need of "adapting" itself for the modern age.

This remake idea can **** right off, and I mean more than most.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

https://deadline.com/2019/05/jacobs-...er-1202617120/

"Vertical Entertainment has taken U.S. rights to LD Entertainment’s Jacob’s Ladder, a re-imagination of the 1990 thriller about a Vietnam vet who suffers from a severe case of dissociation.

DISH will premiere Jacob’s Ladder in an exclusive July window, followed by a theatrical release in August. David M. Rosenthal directed the film which stars Michael Ealy (The Intruder, Think Like a Man), Guy Burnet (Pitch Perfect 3, Hand of God), Jesse Williams (Grey’s Anatomy, The Cabin in the Woods), Nicole Beharie (Shame, 42), and Karla Souza (How to Get Away with Murder, Instructions Not Included).

The Exchange is currently selling international rights at the 2019 Cannes Film Market.

Will Packer, Mickey Liddell, Michael J. Gaeta, Alison R. Rosenzweig, Pete Shilaimon, and Jennifer Monroe are producers. Cinematography is by Pedro Luque, editing is by Richard Mettler, production design by David Brisbin, costume design by David Tabbert, and the score was composed by Atli Orvarsson.

Jeff Buhler and Sarah Thorpe wrote the screenplay for the latest Jacob’s Ladder. Story was by Buhler and Jake Wade Wall."

The Adventure Starts Here!
Has anyone seen this remake? I (finally) just watched the original, so I'm curious.

As for the original, I wasn't fond of the cop-out ending, so I wonder if they're changing that (along with the relationships since this involves a brother). Just wondering if it's worth giving it a look. No spoilers on the ending, in case it's different.

Okay, it's on Netflix so I'm watching it now. Different enough to be engaging so far, even after just watching the original. Will update later.

Just finished it.
It was awful.
Total waste of time. They took anything interesting out of the original and replaced it with stupid, shallow, trite stuff instead. They left in certain lines and scenes but took them out of context or used them differently...in ways that didn't even make sense.