Best Picture Hall of Fame

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
One of the Best Picture winners that I don't hate is a musical. I actually like it and even have it in my collection. Don't know if that's one you were considering though.

There's more than one musical that I'm considering, but I think I might know which one you like. It's a little different from the others.

I like the most recent best picture that was a musical....oh wait Warren Beatty tricked me.

I still haven't seen La La Land yet, but I bought it on Blu-Ray on Black Friday, so hopefully I'll get around to it soon.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
OK, since it looks like it won't be too big a hall of fame and most of the films should be easy enough to get hold of, I think I will join. Not sure what to nominate yet, unless I blind-nominate Moonlight just to annoy Raul...

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Thanks. I'll let you know by Sunday.
I have a small list of possible noms, but several of them are musicals, and I know that some people here hate musicals, so I'll probably choose a different movie.
Well there's you, me and Citizen who all like musicals...

There is one movie that I haven't seen yet that I'm considering nominating as a "blind nomination", but I've never nominated a movie that I haven't seen before, so I might pass on that movie as well.
I've never blind nominated either but it might be an interesting way of expanding our films seen through this hall of fame... but if we all didn't like our own nominations it would make for a pretty weird hall of fame.

I still haven't seen La La Land yet, but I bought it on Blu-Ray on Black Friday, so hopefully I'll get around to it soon.
La La Land was amazing! I loved it, and too bad it didn't win, then maybe someone would have nominated it and I could watch it again It's a movie that's very re-watchable.

Well there's you, me and Citizen who all like musicals...
Yup and Ed too. I think Raul and Miss Vicky would be OK with a good musical too.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
La La Land was amazing! I loved it, and too bad it didn't win, then maybe someone would have nominated it and I could watch it again It's a movie that's very re-watchable.

Yup and Ed too. I think Raul and Miss Vicky would be OK with a good musical too.
I had a musical first in mind (that was neither a winner or nominated - that I'm aware of) as well, then I saw a blind grab of a period piece I've wanted to see, but I figured both were iffy, so I moved on.

D@mn curious to see what musical @Miss Vicky actually likes and has. Did you mention it in the Musical HoFs, Vicky?

I've never blind nominated either but it might be an interesting way of expanding our films seen through this hall of fame... but if we all didn't like our own nominations it would make for a pretty weird hall of fame.
I think a large bit of my nominations HAVE been blind grabs. Including the very first HoF I was in. I'd have to check and see.

EDIT: Kind of surprised myself, I only did blind grabs in 3 of the HoFs including the present Women Directors. Actually thought there were more.
The Suspect in 40s HoF
La Grande Illusion in 14th HoF
and Orlando in Women Directors HoF

D@mn curious to see what musical @Miss Vicky actually likes and has. Did you mention it in the Musical HoFs, Vicky?
I don't remember if I mentioned it there or not. I didn't participate in the Live Action Musical HOF though. I just couldn't willingly subject myself to that kind of torture.

I should probably qualify my previous statement in saying that I still liked this particular Best Picture winning musical the last time I watched it, but it's been a few years since then so I might not feel the same the next time I see it. There's another on the BP list that I enjoyed the first couple of times I saw it and even bought the DVD, but then the last time I watched it I absolutely HATED it and gave the DVD away.

I don't remember if I mentioned it there or not. I didn't participate in the Live Action Musical HOF though. I just couldn't willingly subject myself to that kind of torture.

I should probably qualify my previous statement in saying that I still liked this particular Best Picture winning musical the last time I watched it, but it's been a few years since then so I might not feel the same the next time I see it. There's another on the BP list that I enjoyed the first couple of times I saw it and even bought the DVD, but then the last time I watched it I absolutely HATED it and gave the DVD away.
OK, now THAT makes more sense

That's one of Funny Face's favorite movies though.
FF rocks!
Haven't seen that one since my early twenties Used to watch it every year on TV growing up. Wonder how I'd feel about it now. . .

I'm pretty sure you DON'T like Oliver! which is the one I considered, but it had a trifecta against it: 1) Musical 2) Period piece 3) around 3 hours long.

I have high hopes for the blind nomination that I'm considering because it's been on my watchlist pretty much since it was in the theaters, and I just haven't gotten around to watching it yet. It also has a great rating on IMDB.

I'm pretty sure you DON'T like Oliver! which is the one I considered, but it had a trifecta against it: 1) Musical 2) Period piece 3) around 3 hours long.
I haven't seen it. But a three hour musical sounds like cruel and unusual punishment.