Rauldc14's Top 119 Films

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
113. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Cuckoo's List is a film that is great fun. At the surface, it's acting is what is the cornerstone of the film, especially Nicholson's character, but it's the villainous role of Nurse Ratched that takes the film to a whole new level. Ratched may be one of the best villains in film history in fact. Just talking about the film makes me want to watch it again soon.

I've stated this before, but that movie was one I watched when I tried to really get into cinema; therefore I had mixed feelings upon watching it, but felt like I watched something great though.

One Flew is so great . I watched that film constantly in my early teens, haven't seen it in quite a few years but i still remember it perfectly and know i'd still love it.

Missed you posting Porco Rosso. Really enjoyed it. I think the more I think about them Spirited Away and Totoro are my favorite Miyazaki films. I will give them all another watch someday...but not today. I know Spirited Away is coming much much later but I can't remember if there is another Miyazaki you like this much.

That's was a movie I really fell for early on when I was getting into film. As Camo said though, I still remember it pretty well. One of Jack's top three performances for me.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
112. The Bridge on the River Kwai

Theres a lot of intrigue to David Lean's films, and especially here. The direction of the film and its story building is fantastic. Great performances from Alex Guinness and William Holden too. Yes it is a long movie but it's also very rewarding. The production design is very well done.

I am 50/50 on Lean. I was not a fan of Bridge on the River Kwai, but I love Lawrence of Arabia. Then again I was not huge on Lawrence until I saw it on the big screen. So I should see Bridge on the big screen when I get the chance. I will monitor my local Alamo Drafthouse.