2012 (The movie)

→ in
Tools    

"photographers" Pfft! Dang single framers!
I watched this last night for the first time and thought it was a visualy stunning movie and thought the film itself was great. Imo it wipes the floor with The Day After Tomorrow and it is definatly the best disaster flick I have seen in a long time.
Now THAT'S a positive review! That review alone makes me want to see it.

People Need To Re-Read **** Twice on Here
this movie is probably one of the best on blu-ray and the movie itself is quite entertaining and fun.. but the storylines bs

"There's No F***ing Ice Cream In Your F***ing Future"

People Need To Re-Read **** Twice on Here
Does the DVD open with this?

Warning: what you are about to see is based on true events, most of which have not happened yet
lol .. nah

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
My Review

We Were Warned.....About How Crappy This Movie Is.

2012 is a jumbled mess of a film. Roland Emmerich stated that for his last disaster flick he wanted to make it so that no other disaster flick could come after it. Well, mission accomplished because I don't want to see anymore. Upping the disaster scale to the entire world might do well for the special effects guys, buy not the paying viewer.

Suspect's Reviews

Making a difference
i did nt like the fx but IMO it was a decent film. however Chiwetel Ejiofor is a great actor, I can watch any movie he is in over & over again.

This looked absolutely horrendous, but that could be my utter hatred for the whole idea of the 2012 prophecy.

however Chiwetel Ejiofor is a great actor, .
He is definitely an interesting guy with a solid acting future. I believe he could be considered a "great" actor one day.

I thought it was brilliant but corney at the same time. Only due to the story line and how it was all laid out tbh. Visually, it was amazing and the effects were outstanding story line wise it was weak imo.

John Cusack is going to have to make some excellent movies in order to regain the respect I had for him.

I love the movie and the concept.The film received mixed reviews from critics, but topped the international box office in its first weekend.

Me too going to agree with all of you as this is best movie i have ever seen as its effects are so genuine that i was literally shivering while watching this movie !

15,000 feet above you and falling fast...
I don't know if this is against the rules to bump old threads like this but 2012 is one of those movies that I dislike so much that I felt the need to complain about it here. So, my apologies in advance if I'm doing sumpthin' wrong (its not intentional lol).

ANYWAY... I've read this entire thread and what I've seen is that most people say they don't like it and just stop there. I can't speak for them, but I will say that my biggest gripe with this movie was the plot holes. Yes, plot holes.

Example: He took his kids on a camping trip, something happens and they decide to leave early yet he's "late for work" when they get back? Huh? Maybe I missed something...

Cusak and the effects were the best parts. And the overall lesson someone else had metnioned earlier are all redeeming qualities, but in my humble opinon, just not enough to earn a priority watch spot.

I don't know if this is against the rules to bump old threads like this...
Actually, it's preferred to bump and old thread instead of starting a new one. So, good on you.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Yes I am really really bored
Hated it,people have been destroying the earth since War of the Worlds.

ever since that movie came out I can't stand any movie of its genre

I don't know if this is against the rules to bump old threads like this but 2012 is one of those movies that I dislike so much that I felt the need to complain about it here. So, my apologies in advance if I'm doing sumpthin' wrong (its not intentional lol).

ANYWAY... I've read this entire thread and what I've seen is that most people say they don't like it and just stop there. I can't speak for them, but I will say that my biggest gripe with this movie was the plot holes. Yes, plot holes.

Example: He took his kids on a camping trip, something happens and they decide to leave early yet he's "late for work" when they get back? Huh? Maybe I missed something...

Cusak and the effects were the best parts. And the overall lesson someone else had metnioned earlier are all redeeming qualities, but in my humble opinon, just not enough to earn a priority watch spot.
LOL, great comments!! Call me crazy, but I enjoyed this movie. I think it's one of those that you have to enjoy for what it is, a summer popcorn movie. It was made more to show off some special effects than anything else, so IF you can ignore the plot points or try to see past them you can enjoy the great effects. Cusak is the man!