Borat: Cultural Learnings of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

Tools    

All the way from Kazakhstan comes the beloved, ignorant, offensive, pitiful, and who could forget, sister-shagging character from "Da Ali-G Show" played be the comic genius Sacha Baron Cohen (who plays all three of the main characters in the show) in the upcoming release of Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.

Borat Sagdiyev, a journalist from Kazakhstan, is sent to America to document and bring back any vital information that can be used to further the status and benefit the people of his home country, but instead falls for Pamela Anderson. Can you say sleeper hit of 2006! **cough cough** Napolean Dynamite

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443453/trailers

I can't wait for this!

Horrorphiliac

Originally Posted by JBriscoe
I'm a fan of Sacha, but that banana hammock should go. Anyway, I can't wait either, looks great!
"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory."

-
Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Ali-G is not funny.

Borat, may get a laugh or two.

Suspect's Reviews

ive been a fan of sacha since before he even started the ali g show...

he is awesome as borat,ali g, and bruno

and hes also in taladega nights (which sucked by the way)

I'll be seeing Borat the movie the day it comes our probably more than once..

I LIEEEEEEKKEEEEE!!!!

Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
When does it open?
November 3rd. You can see the trailer HERE.

"This suit is a NOT black."

It's been directed by Larry Charles, a writer from "Seinfeld" turned writer/producer/director on "Curb Your Enthusiasm".
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Thanks for the trailer Pikey looks funny

Lets put a smile on that block
Sacha Baron Cohen is a genius with these characters he creates. Borats finest moment from the show was when he went to some kind of Ho-down in a bar in Texas and managed to get the whole crowd singing and clapping along to his song "Kill the jew, shoot him in the head" or something like that anyway. Unbelievable.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
I like you, you like me?
You like see photos of my wife?

Was watching the Ali G show in New York the other night with my mates, still funny after all this time, I'm just not sure that a full length movie is a good bet. Haven't watched the Ali G movie, the trailer sucked, so I didn't hold out any hope for the movie.
Still my mate has seen an advanced screening and really liked it, he is however permanentely stoned, so go figure.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

I'm terrified.

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
I like you, you like me?
You like see photos of my wife?

Was watching the Ali G show in New York the other night with my mates, still funny after all this time, I'm just not sure that a full length movie is a good bet. Haven't watched the Ali G movie, the trailer sucked, so I didn't hold out any hope for the movie.
Still my mate has seen an advanced screening and really liked it, he is however permanentely stoned, so go figure.
Can i come New York with you Darth?

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
I am so excited for this it cannot be believed

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Sacha Baron Cohen is a genius with these characters he creates. Borats finest moment from the show was when he went to some kind of Ho-down in a bar in Texas and managed to get the whole crowd singing and clapping along to his song "Kill the jew, shoot him in the head" or something like that anyway. Unbelievable.
no no no no...its "throw the jew down the well, so my country can be free!"

so funny

heres the video

http://inhonor.net/videos/uped/fl_video.php?f_num=92500

lol "if you see the jew coming you must be careful of his teeth"

This is probably the funniest movie I have seen in the last 2 years. I had been trying to see a rough cut or the cut that screened at Cannes the entire month of June, but it had proved very difficult to get into a screening, since the buzz was, and still is, very hot for this film. I had to make a special one day trip to ComicCon just to see this movie, and even though I had to stand next to a smelly 300lb Gambit impersonator the entire time it was hilarious.

I am was not a big Sacha fan after Ali G on HBO but between this movie and Talladega Nights I think he’s becoming one of the funniest men in American film. Sadly while I love this movie I don’t see it achieving the big box office numbers that seem to be expected of it. This isn’t because of quality, I just don’t know how well the fly over states will respond to it. It does a pretty good job of poking at the south and middle America and at times it really illuminates the cultural void that exists in some parts of America.

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
no no no no...its "throw the jew down the well, so my country can be free!"

so funny
Thanking you EQ. I couldnt be bothered to look up the song. Its amazing how they all sing and clap along as if its the happiest song in the world. The fools!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Jagshesmash!

I think by now, unless you've been living under a rock, you've seen a trailer for Borat.

First of all, if you're not familiar with Borat, then you're not familiar with Da Ali G Show.

I really don't have much to say about it, but wanted to get some inputs from everyone else on what you guys think.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by spudracer
I really don't have much to say about it.
Ditto

Originally Posted by spudracer
wanted to get some inputs from everyone else on what you guys think.
http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=12297

there ya go