If you like ____, then you should like ____

Tools    

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
If you like Harvey, then you would like A Thousand Clowns

Clowns has been called a Harvey rip-off, but that isn't fair. It so much more than that. It is a commentary on the daily grind. On taking the time to enjoy life. On relationships. On how to eat. It is a lovely peice of cinema which I have greatly enjoyed.

If you liked Pulp Fiction then you should like Snatch.
Although the Coyote is far supirior in intellect, Roadrunner always wins. Why is that? Wiley always puts forth his best effort, and no matter what, he always loses to a moron. I guess im sort of like Roadrunner. I just get by on dumb luck.

-The Collection-

If you like Oldboy, then you should like Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Lady Vengeance.

Horrorphiliac

If you like Se7en, then you should like Silence of The Lambs

If you like One Flew over The Cuckoo's Nest, then you should like The End (Burt Reynolds)

I liked Pulp Fiction, but I didn't like Resevoir Dogs.
WHAT?!

Put me in your pocket...
tis true, tis true
Lol...don't worry Gummo...you're not the only one whose liked one movie suggestion and not the other.

If you like Moulin Rouge then you should like Camille (1936).
I liked Camille, but I didn't like Moulin Rouge.

If you like The Royal Tenenbaums ,then you should like The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Both have that dark comedy feel to them. Both good movies, check em out

key word being "should" guys!!!
Maybe it "should" be "may" or "might" like. (shhh I don't know the proper grammer for this sentence.)

If you like ____, then you might like _____.

If you like ____, then you may like _____.

"Should", to me sounds like if you dont like this movie, you are abnormal or wrong or foolish. Like someone is telling you what you should do or in this case, what you should like.

But i suppose in some of these instances that you "should" like the movie or you are a fool.

Put me in your pocket...
Ah, but I didn't say it worked that way round...
Very true.

key word being "should" guys!!!
Maybe it "should" be "may" or "might" like. (shhh I don't know the proper grammer for this sentence.)

If you like ____, then you might like _____.

If you like ____, then you may like _____.

"Should", to me sounds like if you dont like this movie, you are abnormal or wrong or foolish. Like someone is telling you what you should do or in this case, what you should like.

But i suppose in some of these instances that you "should" like the movie or you are a fool.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. 'Should' seems a little strong. It kind of implies that if don't like it, 'what's wrong with you'. Whereas, 'might' or 'may' seems more like a friendly open invitation/opportunity to try something similar without being beaten over the head...or frowned at if you don't agree.

wow...Im embarrassed to say I thought "should" meant "may"n and not "must"...no wonder I sucked at English!

yes, you're all right, it should be "may"